IGNORED

Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

I think what draws me into an obsession with these videos is that watching them transforms my perception of reality in a way I haven't experienced since I first played Ocarina of Time when it just came out. Suddenly the real world scrolled by with the kind of '3-D' motion you get whilst walking or riding around the overworld. And with these Minecraft vids, suddenly my perception of space as I navigate my apartment or city, or do mundane tasks like opening drawers and locked doors has the kind of clickety goal-oriented shape of mining and traversing Minecraftia. It fucks w me head, man! :crazy:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is an incredible idea:

http://ie.pc.ign.com/articles/115/1154096p1.html

The result is Chain World, and a strict set of laws that all Chain World players must follow. There's only one true copy of Chain World and it exists on a USB drive Rohrer carried with him into the GDC session. This USB drive contains a Minecraft world and a custom script that Rohrer created. A player of Chain World inserts the USB stick and loads a Minecraft world onto his PC. He then plays in this Minecraft world as usual and does whatever he desires.

He plays until his character dies. Following the character's death, the player must immediately save, quit to the main menu, and leave the game. Rohrer's script than creates a duplicate of this altered world, saves it onto the USB drive, and deletes it off the player's PC. The player can never play again and must pass the drive on to the next player.

damn, the second guy stuck it on ebay, that's disappointing (edit: oh, it's for charity)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270718660844

bidding for 'player 3' is at $510

Guest Pennywise

i'll be pretty pissed off if the slime bug doesnt get fixed. i'd take a fix over a fucking dog

I JUST WANT MY TNT BACK! :cry:

He should make the achievements things like "flatten the entire world without using tools" or "create an artificially intelligent being out of Minecraft circuits", because I imagine someone somewhere will try to do that.

i'll be pretty pissed off if the slime bug doesnt get fixed. i'd take a fix over a fucking dog

I JUST WANT MY TNT BACK! :cry:

yeah really.. fuck there are so many bugs and he is focusing on like putting one dinky update out every month that adds nothing of value to the game ..

fuckin slimes are so annoying, at least give them a purpose.. make them spawn less, give ooze slimes something to be made into , (sticky grenades, you throw them like an egg and they stick for a few seconsd and then explode like TNT but smaller). thats just one idea but theres tons of things they could do with it ..

I got a new game idea last night.
this guy needs to stop focusing on other shit and start making minecraft the best game it can be..

how do you know the 'new game idea' wasn't for minecraft

He should make the achievements things like "flatten the entire world without using tools" or "create an artificially intelligent being out of Minecraft circuits", because I imagine someone somewhere will try to do that.

in terms of implementing, that would be verrrrrrrrrry hard to do

Guest Drahken

The first week I played I had a lot of dreams too. I hadn't had a game do that since the first Diablo.

Funny story, I wake up one night with my wife hogging the bed, so I roll over half asleep and say something to the effect of "I only have one block of space, move over."

the last game before minecraft to give me dreams was one of the tony hawks on the PS1. i couldn't pass an area with rails without thinking what i could grind on, either.

would a server restart get rid of the slimes? they're popping out everywhere now. the old mine is infested and I found one swimming in lava below my castle thing the other day.

no, it's an update in the software so it will happen again. i've heard if everyone leaves the chunk, they despawn, but i'm not so sure. the strange thing is it's 50/50 - i STILL know people who've NEVER seen a slime, but the watmm server is fucking infested with them sporadically.

Guest Pennywise

would a server restart get rid of the slimes? they're popping out everywhere now. the old mine is infested and I found one swimming in lava below my castle thing the other day.

no idea, i cant find anything on the internet about slimes halting other mobs from spawning. It's really odd. maybe it is something to do with our map.

no idea, i cant find anything on the internet about slimes halting other mobs from spawning. It's really odd. maybe it is something to do with our map.

there is a mob limit per chunk

Guest Funktion

just got this today, not read any of this thread yet. made my first mine right to the bottom, got a block of gold, a shitload of redstone and some lapis lazuli. on my way back up i was squinting to see something that was moving around at the top.

2x03K.jpg

Guest Pennywise

just got this today, not read any of this thread yet. made my first mine right to the bottom, got a block of gold, a shitload of redstone and some lapis lazuli. on my way back up i was squinting to see something that was moving around at the top.

2x03K.jpg

lol

yeh thats a cactus man, he'll give you flowers.

Archived