IGNORED

Flying Lotus Trash Techno Stuff?

tokn

Well the first one is just FlyLo playing out Mr. Oizo... or is it a remix?

And the second one is no trash techno at all...

And funny thing about that repressing... isn't it kind of odd to repress a quite old album on a different label? Why do so?

The second is a remix of "Stunt" he put out on a white label. That same release has other remixes (Dilla, Timbaland, Madvilliany, etc) and a fun little Star Wars sample heavy beat track. The synth is slowed down and Flylo's percussion comes in. I heard him drop it in 2009 at his SXSW gig. He also dropped Idioteque and I think Modeselektor. I dug it.

I remember actually hearing the first release of Stunt when it came out in 2004, I even used it to mash-up with various techno/house tracks and stupid samples at different speeds. (I have one with Stunt slowed down and played over the oompa loompa song somewhere...oh Ejay softwaremp3 mixes lol) It holds a special place in my heart because it's literally one of the first brand new, non-pop or "classic" electronic releases I acquired.

It seems to suddenly be popular with the brainfeeder crew. Before that, I'd only heard in some breakcore mixes, often with rap vocals over it, I think it was in the Breezeblock mix the Youngsters did in 2004.

Like, it sounds like it was sampled here too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5sNBne4Ioc

• 6 months later...

Bump, because I need more wicked trashy music like FlyLotus wonderful remix of Rubber from Oizo and Gaspard Auge or in vain of Clark's Turning Dragon.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

So pissed I'm not gonna see Flying Lotus, ATD-I, Refused, Radiohead etc. at Coachella.... :( I waited in interwebs line from the first second and watched it tell me it sold out over the course of 3 hours in standby. On the plus side I was gonna pay for my now ex-girlfriends ticket so that would have been a bad idea.

I know what you're talking about, but I'm looking through my library and besides Clark and Flylo I'm not seeing much.

There are a few M.I.A. tracks that have the sound, and the Clean Asia soundtrack (By John Marwin) almost has it. The tracks aren't nearly dirty enough though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1r_kn-WJ_U

Eh, upon second listen the M.I.A. I was thinking of isn't quite right either.

*Waits for someone to post something good*

Zeigenbock Kopf is probably the trashiest techno that I've heard. They're a gay German techno punk band; real down 'n' dirty distorted tunes. They only have two records, at least one of which was on Tigerbeat6. Not very many good Youtube uploads, though.

Archived