IGNORED

Peter Christopherson

Atop

nice! looks like more soisong is material is going to be released. goddamn that xaj3z live package would have been amazing. heres hoping its still released in some form. from the soisong myspace:

* SOISONG SPLIT 2010 2xEP

Originally intended as a "double solo" release COH "SOISONG EP" + SLEAZY "SOISONG EP". As of today, it is still unclear how far Sleazy had progressed with his part, however there are a few of his unreleased sketches from different years that can be compiled for the project.

* SOISONG new album

Our first project started back in 2007 which we kept working on over the years. Perhaps the most ambitious [as well as most peculiar] attempt from SOISONG. This is a "very vocal" album and all songs had already been written and recorded as short sketches with simple arrangements. A few months of proper production should be sufficient to give the work a shine it deserves.

* SOISONG TEST RUN #7 ltd.ed.

The long planned gourmet edition of the live recording from our first show in Bonobo, Tokyo, 2008. The edition will be limited to 303 copies.

* SOISONG xAj3z LIVE

The format of the edition is unclear. The original plan was a book accompanied by live audio CD and a DVD. We are not sure we can pull it off without Sleazy, this largely depends on whether we will be able to find people who can help with DVD mastering and such.

Rest assured, our design/package ambitions are as high as ever, so one can count on seeing more of the unusual objects in the SOISONG store. Happy New Year once again!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Greg Reason

nice! looks like more soisong is material is going to be released. goddamn that xaj3z live package would have been amazing. heres hoping its still released in some form. from the soisong myspace:

* SOISONG SPLIT 2010 2xEP

Originally intended as a "double solo" release COH "SOISONG EP" + SLEAZY "SOISONG EP". As of today, it is still unclear how far Sleazy had progressed with his part, however there are a few of his unreleased sketches from different years that can be compiled for the project.

* SOISONG new album

Our first project started back in 2007 which we kept working on over the years. Perhaps the most ambitious [as well as most peculiar] attempt from SOISONG. This is a "very vocal" album and all songs had already been written and recorded as short sketches with simple arrangements. A few months of proper production should be sufficient to give the work a shine it deserves.

* SOISONG TEST RUN #7 ltd.ed.

The long planned gourmet edition of the live recording from our first show in Bonobo, Tokyo, 2008. The edition will be limited to 303 copies.

* SOISONG xAj3z LIVE

The format of the edition is unclear. The original plan was a book accompanied by live audio CD and a DVD. We are not sure we can pull it off without Sleazy, this largely depends on whether we will be able to find people who can help with DVD mastering and such.

Rest assured, our design/package ambitions are as high as ever, so one can count on seeing more of the unusual objects in the SOISONG store. Happy New Year once again!

THIS IS SOME EXCITING SHIT!!!!! I;m so glad Ivan is going ahead with this stuff because we got precious little from this band and what we did get is extremely refreshing material, I'm really happy to think there is a fair bit more to digest.

*waits for new Time Machines*

Not sure how far away that is, but from the sounds of things Moon's Milk in Six Phases is not too far away

Not sure how far away that is, but from the sounds of things Moon's Milk in Six Phases is not too far away

whos putting it together?

Guest Greg Reason

whos putting it together?

As far as I'm aware Peter and Danny finished it years ago so I guess it's just a matter of how they handle his estate.

i hate to bring up a difficult subject like this but should we feel bad for trying to complete our incomplete discographies of Coil by downloading bootlegs?

i just don't see who deserves to or has the right to receive proceeds for Coil's music at this point. For instance, somebody in this forum who is generous *Cough* *cough* could share the most recent Coil release, the video boxset on Archive.org without taking any money away from the creators.

i hate to bring up a difficult subject like this but should we feel bad for trying to complete our incomplete discographies of Coil by downloading bootlegs?

i just don't see who deserves to or has the right to receive proceeds for Coil's music at this point. For instance, somebody in this forum who is generous *Cough* *cough* could share the most recent Coil release, the video boxset on Archive.org without taking any money away from the creators.

Nope. I downloaded their whole discography in a torrent a couple years back, and I would do the exact same today.

Nevertheless I have bought a few items from Threshold House so my conscience is clear.

Guest Greg Reason

I do know what you mean but there are certainly a handful of people who have been working behind the scenes that deserve some sort of compensation for the time they put into these projects... Danny, Mark Godwin, Ian Johnstone, Pacman, Rufus...

From what I have heard, Peter gave all of the Coil archives pre-BKK to Thighps, who is apparently planning to work with Ossian to remaster and reissue the stuff that is out of print. So again, maybe they didn't compose the music but they're going to be spending a long time working on the releases so they deserve at least something.

I guess it just comes to down to personal discretion and preference; I like having physical objects so I will continue buying actual vinyl and CD copies when they are issued. But obviously the catalog is out there for the taking, so it comes down to how you view it.

ive spent a fair amount of money on coil/christopherson stuff, but then again ive downloaded a good amount too. some of its just so damn expensive..

thats awesome to know there are going to be reissues in the future, and that the moons milk stuff is still going to be released.. vinyl reissues would be nice.

all of cso is on youtube, at least the last time i checked.

Dear those of you at Threshold House, please issue/reissue the following on vinyl:

Time Machines

Ape of Naples

Black Light District

...And the Ambulance Died in His Arms

Remote Viewer

Music to Play in the Dark 1/2

and on the topic of Coil on vinyl, I bought Melancholy Mad Tenant for one dollar (shipped!) off ebay a while ago. Great price, but too bad it's a very subpar Coil release.

Guest Apeofnaples

I've bought all the Soisong stuff, and I'm very happy to have these physical (and beautiful) releases, and so happy to hear there will be more Soisong. I really wish I'd gone ahead and got my mitts Color Sound Oblivion now... Speaking of ThighpaulSandra, I've recentley been checking out his solo work and it's incredible, really fantastic stuff.

Guest Greg Reason

Yes I would love vinyl issues of stuff like Ambulance, Remote Viewer and Black Antlers... Would be lush

Yeah Thighps solo stuff is fucking wonderful. But then they all did really interesting stuff outside of Coil... I'm loving the new Cyclobe album to bits (Wounded Galaxies Tap at the Window), really cool that it gathers together pretty much every surviving member of Coil too :)

That new cylobe sounded great. I need to go back and listen to some of their older stuff, but once I do that I'll most likely be getting the new one.

Been digging Danny hyde's aural rage project a lot as of late. Hopefully he'll release another one...

I wouldn't feel too bad about it. Things seemed relatively civil and I found the stuff he had to say really interesting

I think his site says there's another album in the works...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Greg Reason

Haha yes, what an honour to have him play in the band! A damn fine viola player too.

Although there are apparently some member of OTO that feel he had broken his oath somehow and is illegitimate.. In saying this though, as far as I'm aware he is still Frater Superior so I guess the powers that be seem to find him suitable...

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Ground floor perfumery, stationery and leather goods, wigs and haberdashery kitchenware and food...going up First floor telephones, gents ready-made suits, shirts, socks, ties, hats, underwear and shoes...going up Second floor carpets, travel goods and bedding, material, soft furnishings, restaurant and teas. Going down!

Archived