IGNORED

14 Tracks: Chris and Cosey

Joyrex

this is fairly insulting since a member of the other half just died but thanks for the link JR....

Since you decided to comment on this openly:

My comment in no way was meant to lessen the impact of Peter's death; I just happen to prefer Chris and Cosey's work as a duo versus their involvement in Throbbing Gristle. Hopefully no one took it that way, but if so, well, here you go.

hmm yeah i dont see why one would be insulted by posting a link to a boomkat website celebrating the work of chris & cosey...

Peter christopherson was never in chris & cosey. nevermind i didn't catch the 'the better half' comment, a little in bad taste but not a big deal

and it's really cool you would post this Joyrex, C & C need more appreciation around here. Especially if you consider their album heartbeat went in a time machine and raped Frankie Knuckles and Juan Atkins mom So you listen up detroit techno fans, if you havent heard Heartbeat, you haven't lived.

I think I may have posted this before and it a little NSFW (especially at 2:45 when your brain eventually works out what you're looking at) but I really like the VHS grittiness of this video of one of their tracks (I'm a big fan of VHS based degradation):

I've had this video saved in my favourites for months even though I had no idea exactly who Chris and Cosey were until a couple of weeks ago when Boomkat mentioned a couple of reissues of theirs. But yeah, I really love the minimal-ness of this track (and you see a bit of minge, you dirty swine !)

They did a remix or two for erasure in the early 90's i still haven't heard yet...

Their early abstract synth pop stuff is way underrated...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Greg Reason

(and the better half of Throbbing Gristle, IMO):

To be honest even though they are partnered I don't consider them to be on the same side in TG...

Chris and Sleazy were the most important contributors and had the most impact on the sound and style. Even their last release (The Third Mind Movements) lists Chris and Sleaz above Cosey and Gen.

i never heard Trance i probably should, i own a bunch of later C & C stuff on vinyl that i don't really like at all, in fact i can't remember the names so i probably unfairly wrote off mostly all their albums besides Heartbeat.

Does Trance use a lot of sampled drums or is it more Heartbeat juicy synthesizer style?

i never heard Trance i probably should, i own a bunch of later C & C stuff on vinyl that i don't really like at all, in fact i can't remember the names so i probably unfairly wrote off mostly all their albums besides Heartbeat.

Does Trance use a lot of sampled drums or is it more Heartbeat juicy synthesizer style?

I found it to be a bit like heartbeat but maybe a little more abstract. As far as their later stuff is concerned, you should check out an album they did called 'cabal' under their Carter tutti moniker. Great atmospheric feel to that one

Archived