IGNORED

Frankie Boyles Tramadol Nights...

Guest Conor74

The Fast Show and Big Train had some laugh out loud moments.

The Fast Show had one joke per character hammered into the ground over and over again for god knows how many series. It is directly responsible for the Little Britain etc. shit we have to put up with today. Big Train on the other hand had lols in it.

big train was genius

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tFF2oB4n6M

tramadol nights is utter shite. post-modern roy chubby brown :facepalm:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Conor74

I wouldn't mind a night of Sadowitz and Lee. But I think my wife would nearly stand up and walk out.

On the other hand, Bill Bailey is in the Wyndham Theatre that weekend afaik, but presume its sold out. Not a huge fan, find him likeable rather than funny, but my wife likes him.

The things you do for an easier life.

stewart lee might be the best stand-up comedian in the world imo. his most recent dvd 'if you would prefer a milder comedian, please ask for one' is brilliant.

yeah stewart lee's great, i was a big fan when i was a younger teenager. imagine my delight at the age of 14 when he used my (terribly juvenile) review of his then-new novel on his website (it's still buried away on there if anyone fancies digging it up for a good laugh) and even responded personally to it.

i haven't kept up with his standup in recent years but Comedy Vehicle was fantastic if a bit patchy in places. but my real love lies in the stuff he did with richard herring.

stewart lee might be the best stand-up comedian in the world imo. his most recent dvd 'if you would prefer a milder comedian, please ask for one' is brilliant.

yeah stewart lee's great, i was a big fan when i was a younger teenager. imagine my delight at the age of 14 when he used my (terribly juvenile) review of his then-new novel on his website (it's still buried away on there if anyone fancies digging it up for a good laugh) and even responded personally to it.

i haven't kept up with his standup in recent years but Comedy Vehicle was fantastic if a bit patchy in places. but my real love lies in the stuff he did with richard herring.

this is from the new dvd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo648qYq4-E

I don't get why people like stewart lee so much and call him the best stand up in the world and all that.... I mean, he's alright yeah - quite funny in fact, but like, steady on with all the stratospheric praise....he's not as good as all that. I reckon a lot of people claim to like him because it's trendy.

*sigh*

flame away....

Guest Dirty Protest

Its more than the comedy, its about the pitch, rhythmic timing and subject. Quite often he'll spend 30 minutes going out of his way not being funny in an attempt to ostracize the audience. Like all good art, it should challange as well as entertain.

Guest Conor74

Like all good art, it should challange as well as entertain.

But is it comedy then, or performance art?

I mean, might be joining BCM in putting my head on the block, but I like my comedy funny, so I don't much like say Bill Hicks. I find him very brilliant, thought provoking, a fascintaing polemicist...but not that funny.

Guest Funktion

if anybody wants to know what tramadol nights was like last night, well, i'll give it to you straight, like a pear cider that's made from 100% pear; it was shit.

Guest Dirty Protest

But is it comedy then, or performance art?

I mean, might be joining BCM in putting my head on the block, but I like my comedy funny, so I don't much like say Bill Hicks. I find him very brilliant, thought provoking, a fascintaing polemicist...but not that funny.

Heres some maths to explain it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga-LLG0HS0w

where the hell is he? i feel kind of bad because i flaked on every opportunity to meet up with him in the past 2 years... but he's a bro

frankie boyle is a fud

went to see Sadowitz once and pissed myself laughing all the way through until the end when he closed out by saying he had something to show us all before he went and proceeded to whip down his scants and wave his pennis right at us.

i was down the front and too close for comfort. i didn't like it.

Speaking of Big Train - series' 1+2 on DVD on Amazon for £5. Fucking bargain you ask me.

Big Train £5

You can also get The Day Today for £5.97 if you haven't already got it, which you definately should have by now.

I was quite amazed by the prices of some box sets on Amazon. They're always excellent value. I frequently muse over box set prices since I got Life on Earth and The Blue Planet for £10 each.

I do love Amazon :wub:

Guest Conor74

Jordan reported to be considering legal action after his recent jokes that she and her husband were arguing over custody of the kids but eventually one of them would lose and would have to keep Harvey, and that the reason she married a cage fighter was that she needed a strong man to stop Harvey from fucking her.

Guest David R James

For some reason i thought this thread was saying it had been pulled but I completely mis-read the first post. Meaning I had great disappointment when i saw there was a double bill on Tuesday night. I turned it on at a point where there was a parody of the cookie monster who explained he was not the cookie monster but he was the pussy monster and was fucking some news readers, he proceed to shoot his load over her, it was fucking revolting.

:cerious:

He has such lame ideas and makes parodies of the most boring and obvious things and turns them into the biggest pile of shit comedy I think I've ever seen.

He's in the headlines again...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/dec/23/frankie-boyle-tramadol-nights

What all these uptight whinging prudes don't understand is, Frankie's actually satirising the way TV newsreaders consistently use racial epithets to refer to the victims of... wait, what?

That's not what he's saying. He's making a play on the relationship between race and the British military/ empire, and essentially saying that our military conflicts and how we conduct wars are still underpinned by racism. A variation on the old America wouldn't have dropped the bomb on a white Germany argument, or a more caustic and less sophisticated blackadder sketch about killing fuzzy wuzzys with mangos. His use of racial slurs might not be funny, but it's not racist either.

Archived