baldness & you: the stats  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Does going bald frighten you?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you bald?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Is you hair beginning to thin in a way that suggests the universe hates you?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Bald

• That's not a question
    • Rambo, that isn't even a question

I'm more interested in finding out if it would help me grow a better beard.

Oh and whoever mentioned baldness comes from your mothers side is correct, specifically (so I hear) from your moms mom. Whatever gene or trait that causes baldness comes from them.

my mom's mom still has a full head of hair and she's 90.

Thats not really a good indication. Testosterone levels can be different in women and the gene might not have the full effect. If she has/had a brother, you'd get a better indication of the lifespan of your hair.

:facepalm:

she has a massive penis though.

Guest Beefuncle

I'm more interested in finding out if it would help me grow a better beard.

Oh and whoever mentioned baldness comes from your mothers side is correct, specifically (so I hear) from your moms mom. Whatever gene or trait that causes baldness comes from them.

my mom's mom still has a full head of hair and she's 90.

Thats not really a good indication. Testosterone levels can be different in women and the gene might not have the full effect. If she has/had a brother, you'd get a better indication of the lifespan of your hair.

Yeah that's supposedly the best indication,

check yo uncles.

Both of my grandfathers died with full heads of hair. No worries here. If I were going bald, I'd just go the Bruce Willis route and keep it close cropped.

this is what i do... i sometimes wish i had hair though so i can do at least this!

mens-hairstyles-picture-021.JPG

Where did I read that human embryos were no longer necessary for the extraction of stem cells? Correct me if my understanding of the process as an "extraction" is incorrect—I haven't read much on the subject.

i hate when i don't shave or buzz my head within 2 weeks. there's this really smooth shiny spot at the back of my head with a small patch of hair in the middle. and the top of my head gets patchy when i go too long without shaving or buzzing.

Both of my grandfathers died with full heads of hair. No worries here. If I were going bald, I'd just go the Bruce Willis route and keep it close cropped.

yeah but sounds like you may be genetically predisposed to dying

which is way more serious in nearly all cultures. Not trying to freak you out or anything.... knowledge is power

My hairline is a bit high at the temples, but it's been in stasis for about 9 years, so I don't know what to expect.

Oh, who am I kidding.

YO ADRIAN

1271356731-adrian-belew.jpg

Edit: if it gets bad I'ma jus' shave it, but I have this raised mole on the top of my skull which I'ma need to surgically freeze off of sommat first, so I guess what I'm saying is someone buy me some health insurance please so I don't have to look ridiculous kthx

If I could make it so when I wake up tomorrow all of the hair on the top of my head would migrate to my face, I'd do it. I'd even do it if the hair didn't migrate to my face and I just went bald.

Though on two separate occasions during the last two summers I hit my head on something and caused it to scab, so I bet I would have some sort of scars up there...

My dad has a slightly thinned hairline, and my grampa is bald, so there is hope.

Archived