IGNORED

the drunk driving thread

Guest fiznuthian

Yeah my roommate here in STL has been pulled over drunk a FEW times and hasn't gotten a DUI. Now, he's gotten arrested for OTHER shit, WHILE driving whilst drunk, but never a DUI thrown his way for some reason.

If it's who I think it is...I am rather surprised that he has dodged the DUI bullet but Godspeed to him! :emotawesomepm9:

Too bad god doesn't speed his ass into a fucking telephone pole.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

i drove drunk exactly once. went to a party that my friend was hosting under the pretense that i could stay at her place. but 3 AM rolls around and her junkie ex boyfriend shows up and they start arguing like crazy and she flips out and kicks everyone out of the house. it was a not-so-great neighborhood, so i wasn't going to sleep in my car and it was entirely too far to walk home, so i drove. did alright, but i had to stop for gas and pulled out without turning on my headlights. cop pulled me over and asked if i'd been drinking and i went the "incredibly honest" route and said "yeah, i've probably had a few too many" and he just looked at me funny and said "well, how far from here do you live?" i told him it was about a mile and he was like "alright, drive safe."

so yeah. i figure that was my one lucky break and i haven't driven drunk since.

but yeah this is wisconsin so i have been in cars with drunk drivers many times, everyone drives drunk, first offense is really nothing. i know people who just drive drunk all the time no matter what. it's kind of ludicrous.

ahaha one of my brother's incredibly skeevy pillhead friends got a DUI 10 minutes after leaving work. it was his first day as assistant manager of the quizno's he worked at, his parents refused to bail him out, so he called his boss (???) who immediately demoted him but then bailed him out under the pretense that he was scheduled to open the next morning. ahhh, wisconsin.

Guest disparaissant

Drunk driving is fucked. I can drive for about three years now, I think itd be the most retarded thing to do

As it has been mentioned elsewhere, you should just try to nap in your car but you can still be harassed by cops when trying this. I think that if your key is in the ignition when you're drunk, they can be an asshole and write you up anyway but that could be an urban legend. Drunk driving is indeed stupid but Americans drive...it's how we're brought up and since booze makes you choose shit decisions anyway, it's unfortunate and tragic but it happens all the time.

this is absolutely not an urban legend, in fact your keys don't even have to be in the ignition in some areas, the law has a very loose definition of "in control of the vehicle," and in some places (like northern illinois) being asleep in the backseat with your keys in the glove box fits that definition. which is kind of counter-intuitive to stopping ACTUAL drunk driving, but that's not reallys surprising, being that most counties are in it for money, not public safety.

Guest fiznuthian

yeah Virginia here confirming its not urban legend at all.. they find booze in your body here, they don't care whether you're lying down in the trunk jacking off, your licence is gone for a year. get caught driving while on that probation and its jail time. its the commonwealth state so the police get high and mighty about it.

Guest fiznuthian

Drunk driving is fucked. I can drive for about three years now, I think itd be the most retarded thing to do

I'm not saying it's OK but it's America. Any European who has been here knows everything is spread out to the fucking Milky Way and our pride is in our interstate highways and definitely not in our public transportation. Folks from NYC, Chicago, etc. don't have this problem because there's basically nowhere you can't go by rail or bus. Good luck anywhere else.

As it has been mentioned elsewhere, you should just try to nap in your car but you can still be harassed by cops when trying this. I think that if your key is in the ignition when you're drunk, they can be an asshole and write you up anyway but that could be an urban legend. Drunk driving is indeed stupid but Americans drive...it's how we're brought up and since booze makes you choose shit decisions anyway, it's unfortunate and tragic but it happens all the time.

I check out drunk people in my line at work and the Wal-Mart I'm on is right off a major interstate. There's a 100% chance that they're going onto the highway drunk and with more Wal-Mart booze in tow. We're supposed to 86 customers if they're obviously drunk but how does that work in reality? They'll just bitch and moan and Wal-mart gives in to anyone who wants to bitch because, without a breath test/blood test, you've no proof.

yeah, its really just pathetic how the majority of america feels about booze.

ive met a lot of redneck types here in VA who boast about their drunk driving abilities.. i usually end up calling them "dumb fucking idiots" and getting into arguments about it because their claims are made after the discussion about all the stupid shit they did while prior to getting in a vehicle. oh, suddenly they're perfect drivers after hurting themselves in a drunken tumble and puking it up in the yard!

haha, i bet you meet a lot of these people at your wal-mart. i can't wait for more of your wal-mart stories. after reading every one of your informational watmm posts about health, psychology, and just human behavior in general i'm sure you get into some real american shit there.

Guest fiznuthian

Ever drove while drunk?

Do you regret it?

you would regret getting caught.

well, yes. but the few times i got a little drunk and drove home i did feel guilty after the fact, because i felt in control then but the inner scientist in me knows i fucking wasn't. one car blinding me on a back road and i could have a) killed myself b) killed them or just c) caused a lot of unnecessary frustration for anyone involved. not a happy thought. :sad:

but i come from a family that struggles with guilt complexes so go figure..

It seems that a lot of people on here can easily drink + drive with relatively no consequenses.

Every pub round my way has the dirty pig fucks sitting in their car across the road waiting fo cars to exit the car park. I've had 3 mates done by it. They follow you for a while to scare the shit outta ya. Then they pounce and fuck you up.

I do the decent thing and don't drink and drive. I just piss the old bill off in other ways :spiteful:

Ever drove while drunk?

Do you regret it?

you would regret getting caught.

well, yes. but the few times i got a little drunk and drove home i did feel guilty after the fact, because i felt in control then but the inner scientist in me knows i fucking wasn't. one car blinding me on a back road and i could have a) killed myself b) killed them or just c) caused a lot of unnecessary frustration for anyone involved. not a happy thought. :sad:

but i come from a family that struggles with guilt complexes so go figure..

I said that you would regret getting caught, that is to imply that if you were caught it would generate regret. Nevertheless I don't drink and drive anymore, it's not worth the risk of licence loss. Which would be an huge life fuck.

It seems that a lot of people on here can easily drink + drive with relatively no consequenses.

Every pub round my way has the dirty pig fucks sitting in their car across the road waiting fo cars to exit the car park. I've had 3 mates done by it. They follow you for a while to scare the shit outta ya. Then they pounce and fuck you up.

I do the decent thing and don't drink and drive. I just piss the old bill off in other ways :spiteful:

solution, drink at home and during the day, and when you go out for smokes/over a mates, don't drive a dodgy old shitmobile. Or become a tradie (contractor/tradesmen) they always have lunch brews/go home with a bottle between their legs and never get done.

xxx - it's the keys in and you're done. here there and everywhere. Because it demonstrates intent to drive, even if all you were doing was using the heater or the radio or aircon or something.

yes those absolute bastards, trying to stop people from drink driving, it's like we're living in an orwell novel, keep fighting "the man" man!

Guest hahathhat

i drove drunk exactly once. went to a party that my friend was hosting under the pretense that i could stay at her place. but 3 AM rolls around and her junkie ex boyfriend shows up and they start arguing like crazy and she flips out and kicks everyone out of the house. it was a not-so-great neighborhood, so i wasn't going to sleep in my car and it was entirely too far to walk home, so i drove. did alright, but i had to stop for gas and pulled out without turning on my headlights. cop pulled me over and asked if i'd been drinking and i went the "incredibly honest" route and said "yeah, i've probably had a few too many" and he just looked at me funny and said "well, how far from here do you live?" i told him it was about a mile and he was like "alright, drive safe."

so yeah. i figure that was my one lucky break and i haven't driven drunk since.

i didn't get my license until i was 20 (i took the subway to school, then went to college). the year after i had booze license along with car license, and i was still pretty green at both. got a bit drunk with my friend and started to drive myself home. i forgot to turn my headlights on. later he told me he chased after my car and yelled at me 'cos he noticed i'd forgot to turn them on!! people honked at me on the road; eventually i got the hint and turned them on. that was a lucky break and i still went on to do the stupid shit mentioned earlier.

god looks after fools and drunks.

Guest hahathhat

but not the people they hit with their cars.

guess they should have drank their beer like god's favored children.

Guest disparaissant

haha, in my defense, it was the main thoroughfare in madison, wi, which has super bright streetlights every 3 inches. it was as bright as day and i probably would have noticed the second i turned onto a darker road. but yeah, stupid stupid mistake.

and that is only partially true, as in my experience he doesn't look after drunk fools. oh man some of the shit my brother's friends have got up to. he knows some real winners. same guy who got a DUI like 10 minutes after leaving work also narrowly avoided going away for a verrrrry long time after knocking out a cop's front teeth when he got carded. was also his 8th underage drinking ticket. the only reason he never really got in any serious trouble (outside of YEARS of probation) was because his dad was the angriest, most bitter man ever and would show up in court and shout at the judge to lock him away forever, which led most judges to pity him.

also he was white as hell.

edit: shit, just contradicted myself. i guess god DOES look after drunk fools.

The feeling of arriving safely home while the sun rises

having saved cab fare or a horrible nights sleep on someones floor

having avoided any trouble and any cops

Is glorious.

However I don't drink drive anymore.

i'm on my huffy 10 speed at age 14 on my way home from copping weed in the hood when an ambulance rips by me on a country backroad 4 miles from where i copped

i catch up a few minutes later and there was a car crash

my gf who was my friend's lil sis age 13 -colleen was dead

my pal landon who protected me and everyone else from his pysho younger brother was also dead ,head ripped open

the door was wrapped around a telephone pole

the driver-a really cool dude who also looked out for me-age 19 lived with a concussion

he was a very bright big dude whoose interst in cars and mechanics was uncanny

john-the friendly giant-an old soul-the nicest guy really

he was drinking vodka

took the turn too fast killed them both

he did 18 months in county for manslaughter

he felt guilt forever…..as Landon was his best friend.

i was never really the same after that and all the drugs/lsd/mesc.music i did that year [9th grade] to erase the scene from my young mind

the funerals and teh wakes fucked me up

i never ever drive drunk

i am that designated driver dude

i'm on my huffy 10 speed at age 14 on my way home from copping weed in the hood when an ambulance rips by me on a country backroad 4 miles from where i copped

my pal landon who protected me and everyone else from his pysho younger brother was also dead ,head ripped open

the driver-a really cool dude who also looked out for me-age 19 lived with a concussion

he was drinking vodka

i was never really the same after that and all the drugs/lsd/mesc.music i did that year [9th grade] to erase the scene from my young mind

i never ever drive drunk

yeah but hey at least he escaped a cab fare or having to sleep on someone's floor

Guest fiznuthian

he was drinking vodka

i never ever drive drunk

yeah running that scenario through my mind keeps me far away from drunk driving anymore

it has for a long time since hearing similar stories from people i know

has the guy killed himself yet? i say this not as a joke but because

honest to god i'd hang myself if i ever had to deal with that much guilt..

just thinking about it makes me feel really nervous

Archived