IGNORED

smoothies

Guest fiznuthian

Guest fiznuthian

god, i love smoothies.. it took me nearly 10 years now to find a blender in my mother's kitchen that she kept saying existed but i never could find.. then i found it! a cheap hamilton beach, but its got 400 watts so its decent.

been going crazy on some smoothies, making some 2-3 a day and sippin' on 'em. then i remembered "green smoothies". so today i tossed some broccoli and cauliflower with a little carrots into a mix full of strawberries, and apple, blueberries, a kiwi, blueberry yogurt, two bananas, and a bunch of ice.

and it hardly tastes like vegetables at all! the broccoli comes through a little, but i think its worth it considered how many i threw in there.

i wouldn't dare eat this many raw veggies alone.

next step: supplements and kale.. chia seeds are AWESOME, and so are hemp seeds. then maybe i'll add my mushroom supplements into my smoothies.

talk about a boost to your immune system, this is some serious raw shit. in one drink i get flavanoids, omega fatty acids, every anti-oxidant there is in berries, potassium, protein, fiber, unsaturated fats, phytosterols, vitamins, minerals, and tons more...

so what are your favorite smoothie mixes? do you enjoy throwing vegetables amongst the fruit?

what kind of blender do you use?

milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.. hm..

you use lots of berries 'n banana or let the latter three shine through?

Lots of berries and one banana for two big glasses.

I only use like 1/4 tablespoon of vanilla and cinnamon.

Guest fiznuthian

cool, thanks!

im totally trying it either tonight or tomorrow.. got everything i need here already.

unfortunately i crammed an entire assload worth of fruit and veggies into the last mix so i'd feel bad making another one just to try it.

oh and i want one of these so bad..

http://www.blendtec.com/productDetails.aspx?id=1340

sadly i'll probably end up blowing money on a blendtec or vitamix blender before i'm done saving for school.. ugh, priorities.

Guest fiznuthian

i just did banana, pear, brown sugar, cinnammon, almond milk, vanilla, human blood

and with a touch of poop its perfecto

0920091028.jpg

hm, almond milk, pears, and brown sugar.. noted.

I've got some overly ripe avocados lying around. Got any ideas what I could do with those? I once ordered an avocado milkshake and it was heavenly, but I have no idea what they did to it?

Guest Adjective

I've got some overly ripe avocados lying around. Got any ideas what I could do with those? I once ordered an avocado milkshake and it was heavenly, but I have no idea what they did to it?

i was just thinking about avocados ... ice, milk, salt and pepper? :shrug:

Guest fiznuthian

eh, im not sure. not too big a fan of avacado myself. though the health benefits are well worth eating them.

i'd probably hide it in a smoothie with lime/lemon juice and once again a bunch of berries.. berries hide about anything.

i figured out a secret to hiding broccoli, match the broccoli volume with a bunch of apples. not sure why, but apple hides broccoli's taste better than berries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avocado#Culinary_uses

ideas?

Here we go:

In Vietnamese, it is called sinh tố bơ or butterfruit shake. This is a thick rich shake made with avocado.

* 2 whole Hass Avocado, Chilled

* 1-½ cup Ice, Crushed

* ⅓ cups Sweetened, Condensed Milk

* 4 Tablespoons Whole Or Reduced Fat Milk

Here we go:

In Vietnamese, it is called sinh tố bơ or butterfruit shake. This is a thick rich shake made with avocado.

* 2 whole Hass Avocado, Chilled

* 1-½ cup Ice, Crushed

* ⅓ cups Sweetened, Condensed Milk

* 4 Tablespoons Whole Or Reduced Fat Milk

this one sounds good too

1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and cubed

5 cubes ice

3 tablespoons white sugar

1 1/3 cups milk

1 teaspoon fresh lemon or lime juice

1 scoop vanilla ice cream

I did a lot of smoothies this summer but ive been tapering off since its just too damn cold. Usually would do a couple handfulls of frozen berries, half a bananna or half a cup of yogurt and some tropical juice. That and a hot cup of green tea side by side; a real treat. I should use less frozen fruit though, It's all been blanched.

Guest fiznuthian

bananas are NECESSARY

don't put apples in .... *shudder*

i love apples in my smoothies.. skin and all. feels good chewing on the fibrous skin bits.

Guest Adjective

i just did avocado, condensed milk, almond milk, drizzle of honey

i made it way too thick, it's like suffocating in a buttery avocado tide

i'd do it again

Guest happycase

I've been having a smoothie for breakfast every morning for the past month and a half or so. I think I've lost some weight and have more energy and don't get as hungry during the day.

Banana + Milk is always the groundwork. Banana keeps it thick and it's delicious.

+ apple/pear/berry

+ peanut butter sometimes

+ some sort of green supplement, always to top it off. Makes me feel like a lion

Guest fiznuthian

you can really feel a LOT better emotionally and physically all over on a diet primarily consisting of the green stuff

and a whole lot of fruit

its been a few days now of pounding smoothies with broccoli and cauliflower and my digestive system seems to be functioning awesome.

it took a couple weeks of eating expensive probiotics to reach this point so hm.. come to think of its probably the fiber.

happy what green supplement you prefer?

http://www.iherb.com/Garden-of-Life-Perfect-Food-Super-Green-Formula-600-g/3139?at=0

this one looks pretty boss but ive yet to try it... instead i wasted almost 60 a month trying dr. ohhira's probiotic,

which was pretty amazing stuff but i could get away with the same for cheaper eating greens

Guest happycase

you can really feel a LOT better emotionally and physically all over on a diet primarily consisting of the green stuff

and a whole lot of fruit

its been a few days now of pounding smoothies with broccoli and cauliflower and my digestive system seems to be functioning awesome.

it took a couple weeks of eating expensive probiotics to reach this point so hm.. come to think of its probably the fiber.

happy what green supplement you prefer?

http://www.iherb.com/Garden-of-Life-Perfect-Food-Super-Green-Formula-600-g/3139?at=0

this one looks pretty boss but ive yet to try it... instead i wasted almost 60 a month trying dr. ohhira's probiotic,

which was pretty amazing stuff but i could get away with the same for cheaper eating greens

Ha! That's hilarious. That's what's sitting in my cupboard. I drink 2 Tbsp of that a day. It's great. Sort of tastes like fish food until you get used to it.

And I think it's really unlikely you'll get as much greens eating greens because greens are damn hard to make a habit of eating. Smoothies are yummy.

I'm going to try that Mango Clementine Pear one tomorrow morning. Sounds amazing and I'm out of bananas.

Archived