IGNORED

V/vm test records is gone

murve33

Back in 2001 I sent V/VM a few silly remixes of pop songs I did and James ended up releasing two of them on the Hate You and Fan-Dabi-Dozi compilations (under the name Skkatter). He and Andy "Animal" Macgregor then came over to Dublin where I lived at the time and I DJed before them at a rather bonkers live show they did. Pig masks, distorted karaoke, falling over furniture, crowd interaction in the form of screaming abuse, a fun night was had by all. They both slept on my couch and did a mini-tour of Ireland (Cork and Limerick) before coming back to Dublin, missing the ferry back to Wales and bringing a load of strangers they picked up at some bar back to my place for an impromptu binge drinking session. My liver has never quite been the same.

I bumped into James a few times since I moved to Berlin. He's a very interesting and talented character, I'm really enjoying the new music he's doing.

Back in 2001 I sent V/VM a few silly remixes of pop songs I did and James ended up releasing two of them on the Hate You and Fan-Dabi-Dozi compilations (under the name Skkatter). He and Andy "Animal" Macgregor then came over to Dublin where I lived at the time and I DJed before them at a rather bonkers live show they did. Pig masks, distorted karaoke, falling over furniture, crowd interaction in the form of screaming abuse, a fun night was had by all. They both slept on my couch and did a mini-tour of Ireland (Cork and Limerick) before coming back to Dublin, missing the ferry back to Wales and bringing a load of strangers they picked up at some bar back to my place for an impromptu binge drinking session. My liver has never quite been the same.

I bumped into James a few times since I moved to Berlin. He's a very interesting and talented character, I'm really enjoying the new music he's doing.

I remember you quite well since Dirty Pop is my favourite mashup from that label. Funny story, I heard VVM went havroc with the venue when they played, but a friend told me that James was also telling stories about copyright and stories with record companies.

As far as I know James moved away from Berlin, he seems to be there from time to time. How small the world can be sometimes.

I had no idea Rbrmyofr was Skkatter either. Awesome! I think we are on the Ministry of Shit compilation together, right? Fun times.

Didn't Boomkat just post that there's a Death of Rave repress out / coming out? Did someone mention that in this thread and I just missed it? Anyway, I'm not totally familiar with the original series so I don't know the details, but it should be googleable.

He released a compilation of 8 tracks from the series.

http://boomkat.com/vinyl/1019795-leyland-kirby-presents-v-vm-the-death-of-rave-a-partial-flashback

I wasn't aware of his music when V/vm test records existed so I'm probably missing many many hours of his work.

I find it a bit annoying, but love the music he makes and his eccentricity so he can be forgiven :P

Edited by Ifeelspace

• 9 years later...