IGNORED

Wow, Wagon Christ is like the happiest music ever.

sergeantk

In the mid 90s (1996 to be exact) three scientists conducted a study to find out what people liked in music, and disliked in music. With the results, they then mashed together all the most popular and most unpopular elements into one song each. I can't find a Youtube for the most popular, but if you search for it I bet it's somewhere.

So for instance you have rapping opera singers talking about cowboys and holidays over an atonal orchestral/accordion/harp backing.

What less people know is also that they also studied what made the happiest and saddest songs in people's minds; as these ones did not get a commercial release. But as always they eventually showed up on the crate-digger's library circuit, as these test pressings often do, and a couple of melodic interpolations from the happiest can be heard over SIMYL (on Saddic Gladdic actually, hence the title suggesting its origin).

So yeah, your claim is actually closer than you think.

Guest hahathhat

and a couple of melodic interpolations from the happiest can be heard over SIMYL (on Saddic Gladdic actually, hence the title suggesting its origin).

in saddic gladdic, the synths greet you cheerily:

hello!

hallo!

hello!

hullo!

hello!

hallo!

hallooooo!

In the mid 90s (1996 to be exact) three scientists conducted a study to find out what people liked in music, and disliked in music. With the results, they then mashed together all the most popular and most unpopular elements into one song each. I can't find a Youtube for the most popular, but if you search for it I bet it's somewhere.

So for instance you have rapping opera singers talking about cowboys and holidays over an atonal orchestral/accordion/harp backing.

What less people know is also that they also studied what made the happiest and saddest songs in people's minds; as these ones did not get a commercial release. But as always they eventually showed up on the crate-digger's library circuit, as these test pressings often do, and a couple of melodic interpolations from the happiest can be heard over SIMYL (on Saddic Gladdic actually, hence the title suggesting its origin).

If you find these tracks let me know.

Well, they're out on the internet somewhere. This was from a blog about the whole thing from somebody who'd got his hands on one and posted them up (from before I heard Saddic Gladdic actually, so it didn't think much of it at the time; heard it later, stirs vague memories, and I find the video I linked above again and it's like THAT'S IT) but for the life of me I can't find it again. I will let you know.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

Well, they're out on the internet somewhere. This was from a blog about the whole thing from somebody who'd got his hands on one and posted them up (from before I heard Saddic Gladdic actually, so it didn't think much of it at the time; heard it later, stirs vague memories, and I find the video I linked above again and it's like THAT'S IT) but for the life of me I can't find it again. I will let you know.

when I saw this thread title, I immediately thought of saddic gladdic. it's one of the happiest tunes ever. do you have a source on the information concerning the happiest and saddest tracks? I still remember listening to that worst track ever when it was a news story; it was hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived