IGNORED

drinking hot water

Guest hahathhat

Guest hahathhat

my parents didn't allow soda in the house during my early years. my aunt came to visit when i was five or six and she was shocked to discover we had no idea what coca-cola was....

it was a good move as i never developed a huge taste for it. i like code red mountain dew, sometimes i'll mix a whiskey soda with ginger ale, and an energy drink is fun sometimes. but when i want a sweet drink, i more tend to go for juices -- cranberry and apple cider are my favorites.

and i never understood why people liked coke and pepsi! it's drinkable, but i find it hard to fathom craving it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only hot things I drink are hot chocolate and frilly-fufu coffees, both of which are incredibly rare for me to have because I then get the liquid-shits.

I do like some beverages luke warm though. Nothing like a gatorade that's been sitting out of the refrigerator for upwards of 4-5 hours.

tap, cold -> brita pitcher -> mug -> microwave

why would you microwave water? lol. unless you don't have a kettle, i guess..

Guest Calx Sherbet

tea has theanine which is a relaxant and probably why it's enjoyable. it's nice. hot water's cool too.

i thought that said 'theremin'

Guest hahathhat

microwave is fast and accurate. 1:30 seconds to the perfect temperature; no fucking about or guessing.

microwave is fast and accurate. 1:30 seconds to the perfect temperature; no fucking about or guessing.

watch out if you nuke water it can explode when your holding it and burn you

Guest hahathhat

i superheated water in a microwave once. good thing i wasn't holding it when i put the teabag in -- fooom! precision microwave use is crucial.

but they didn't explain any of the science behind it other than "Impurities" :(((((

the bubbles that would normally form when you boil water don't happen in a microwave - the water becomes superheated. impurities provide nucleation sites for bubbles, but the nucleation only happens when the water is shaken after you take it out of the microwave

tl;dr - insta-boilover when you shake the cup slightly.

I dont think id drink hot water just cause Im cold. Id wear a jumper or scarf.

similarly, i see people drinking soda simply because they're thirsty. if you WANT a soda, perfect. go for it. but america is fat due to drinking soda when they mean to drink water.

This isnt how you get fat, this is how you get diabetes.

That's an intelligent comment

Archived