IGNORED

The Strokes - Angles

chassis

From Pitchfork(sorry)

For a while, we've been hearing tantalizing scraps of news about Angles, album number four from returning New York rock royalty the Strokes. The LP will arrive March 21 in the UK via Rough Trade and a day later in the U.S. via RCA. First single "Under Cover of Darkness" will hit radio next month. And now we know the names of the 10 songs that'll appear on the album, and the order they'll appear in. We've got the tracklist below.

Angles:

01 Machu Picchu

02 Under Cover of Darkness

03 Two Kinds of Happiness

04 You're So Right

05 Taken for a Fool

06 Games

07 Call Me Back

08 Gratisfaction

09 Metabolism

10 Life Is Simple in the Moonlight

I always give them a listen, though the fact this is the forth album, show's I don't listen much (what's the third one called? lol). I think they are one of the most over-rated bands of Ever. No doubt there will be a catchy tune or two. But I won't be paying for it.

Guest MortstoX

Lol Chassis said "Stokes".

Anyway, yeah I'm interested. Bitchfork will probably give this about 2.7

First impressions of earth had it's moments, but was way too long. Ten 3 min tracks sounds just perfect for me.

It staggers me how they can only seem to record about half an hour of music every four years, none of it ever being remotely close in quality to the debut (other than a couple of songs on Room on Fire) and people actually stay interested. I haven't listened to First Impressions of Earth since it came out and probably won't even bother with this.

Mmm I can imagine massive ego's in this band. From what I could gleen from the NME when their first album came out is that they were all super rich mummies boy's, so perhaps all used to getting their own way?

Here for your veiwing pleasure is an interview with the oh-so-serious Strokes, by the English presenter Simon Amstell as the horse. Poor Strokes just don't see the funny side. I thinks its hilarious and shows up a bunch of rich rock star wankers.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i'm an idm nerd fan and i don't liek guitars unless they are made to sound unlike guitars using crazy dsp *snare rush*

Ill give it a look. Probably wont buy it unless its good. These were one of my favourite childhood bands so Ive a soft spot obviously. Plus they did a great gig when I saw em.

But as far as I know they were all incredible rich posh boys before starting the band. Like Albert Hammond how he didnt have albums out already is beyond me.

Oh ye, I wrote stokes, shite :facepalm:

i'm an idm nerd fan and i don't liek guitars unless they are made to sound unlike guitars using crazy dsp *snare rush*

Is it really that upsetting to you that a few people have said that the Strokes last few albums were mediocre?

Is it really that upsetting to you that a few people have said that the Strokes last few albums were mediocre?

Last *one*. It was better than mediocre, probably average. Their first 2 are excellent pop rock and I love em.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

no i think it is angles and you originally had angels.

so its correct now

not really

*303 squelch*

enjoyed the first album. didnt hear any of the others

*bass fart*

Room on Fire set my balls on fire... they haven't had that effect on me since.

Judging from that photo of them, its looks like they've gotten gayer. We'll have to wait for the music to really tell how gay :closedeyes:

Listened to Is This It last week for the first time in years...Soma and Barely Legal are still some of my favourite ever tracks. From First Impressions of Earth, tracks like You Only Live Once, Juicebox, Electricityscape, Ize of the World and Red Light are superb I think. I don't think they'll ever be able to capture what they did on their debut, that nonchalance; Julian Casablancas sounded like was having fun on his solo album.

First Impressions of Earth pisses all over the first two. Fuck yas all =)

Really? I liked it, but it was far too technical and lost some of the rawness that the 1st two had.

30 second clip here

http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/articles/news/listen-strokes-comeback-single-under-cover-of-darkness-clip

not much point linking it really. :closedeyes:

I think that audio clip sounds terrible and the following will probably sum up what I think of the album as well.

Ah well. And it doesn't sound like The Strokes at all. What's going on with his voice, and somehow the guitars sound false, if that is even possible. I think this is what happens when a band disbands and each member goes off for 5 years and does whatever, and then they all come back changed and can't just do it naturally anymore because the energy and anger that gave their earlier music real drive isn't in them as people so isn't in their music either, so they *try* and re-capture their sound, but The Strokes were all about being droll, bored and nonchalant, and that clip sounded too positive and happy.

And they don't do choruses!

I don't see how it sounds like their first two albums at all. If anything, it reminds me of the b-side Hawaii, except that was ace.

Guest abracadabra

Guys, I'm really excited for this. :music: I just hope it stays clear of Julian Casablancas fuckery. His solo album was pretty lame.

Archived