IGNORED

Rooney scores a goal that's better than Hollywood.

Guest Mirezzi

Berbatovs against Liverpool this season, though not as spectacular I think was a better goal as there wasn't much to aim for and no cute angle to take advantage of. Truedat

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally seen Rooney's goal, ace goal of course but no better than Hughes' derby goal from 1989. And no, I don't begrudge giving Wayne Rooney credit where it's due, and I'm an Evertonian.

EDIT: fucking hell, terrible English in this post.

Awesome goal, my friend and I woke up early Saturday morning (7:30 local time) just to watch this match, and while I was pulling for City, both of us pretty much shat bricks when it happened. It was one of those moments that you saw developing and thought nah, no way, even for the few moments after it actually went in. In my mind the only thing that kept it from being true perfection was that the cross was deflected. But then again I'm ocd so I should probably just shut up.

Yeah Sparky's against City was probably better, but then again, it didn't win us the derby ;)

Crouch's against Galatasaray (how the fuck do you spell that?) was brilliant - has he had one since he started at Spurs?

Berbatov's was good, but not better than this imo - Berbatov engineered his on his own, and he doesn't get anywhere near to doing a proper bicycle.

The thing with Rooney's - it's so hard to judge balls coming down out of the air like that as opposed to coming flatter.

p.s. this is all really just semantics, as all of these goals are things of beauty to enjoy and cherish.

Archived