IGNORED

o9

tokn

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Vinyl now available for Farthest Reaches. Another new album likely coming out soon, too, as a follow-up to Farthest, and a solo piano album with music composed by o9 is in the wings as well...

I just received farthest reaches yesterday and the pressing soundso great if not a bit quiet but so was the original mix for the album.

It is pretty quiet, but I like it that way. Lets you hear some more of the vinyl cracking and general background noise of amplifiers, etc., unless you have a flawless sound system. And I think that's good. The album is essentially a concept album based loosely on Azimov's Marooned off Vesta -- see http://www.e-reading.club/chapter.php/82002/20/Azimov_-_Asimovs_Mysteries.html -- so I think it's appropriate to hear some rustling, static, and noise, like you would hear on a conversation between NASA and some astronauts who have left our little blue sphere. The record takes you on a trip from the apprehensive, quiet, contemplative lift-off to the joy and adventure of exploring outer space, getting drunk on Jabra juice, and solving the mystery of survival. It's definitely one of my favorite o9 albums to date. I am technically an "executive producer," but only because I wanted to get some more o9 pressed. I won't be making any money off this album -- just getting back the money I put in -- so all profits go straight to o9.

It doesn't bug me too much, by the third song you forget because your so enthralled in the soundscapes. I concur about this being the best o9 full length yet, Very cohesive. Thanks for info about the theme, do you have any hands in the material to come as executive producer?

It doesn't bug me too much, by the third song you forget because your so enthralled in the soundscapes. I concur about this being the best o9 full length yet, Very cohesive. Thanks for info about the theme, do you have any hands in the material to come as executive producer?

I merely funded the project -- o9 did all of the actual work :) I will probably be funding future projects along with o9, so the only role I will have is deciding whether to write a check -- but I just want to see more new o9, so basically if he wants to release something, I defer to him unless he wants my advice (or I just think it's absolute shit and don't want to pay to get it pressed to vinyl -- but I don't think he has the ability to produce shitty music, so that will probably never be an issue!).

I'm glad you like it!

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived