IGNORED

Is it possible to use onboard soundcard and a external soundcard...

tokn

Yeah the title says it all. I'm mixing mono with Traktor and an external soundcard with one stereo channel... that's shitty.

Is it possible to use my mac onboard soundcard at the same time as the external soundcard (usb mindprint trio) and how would I arrange it in Traktor...?

Guest blacks

I'm very curious about this too, I'm running Logic on a Macbook and it would be of much much help to have the additional outputs of my onboard soundcard alongside my emu 0404...

dunno, just need to set traktor up to recognise two sound cards - one for monitoring, one for playback - so you can listen to the next track and cue it up etc in your headphones whilst playing the current track through speakers...

I've not used traktor for ages, but think it's pretty straightforward to set up...look in the audio settings innit.

Guest ryanmcallister

on a mac, you go into your audio preferences and create an "Aggregate Device". Google how it's done if you can't figure it out. what this does essentially is combine two or more sources into one so if card A has 8 outputs and card B has 2, you would select the aggregate device in logic or tracktor and see a total of 10 possible outs.

not sure how you do it on a PC though.

Mäh... there's an issue with the latency... the signal from traktor gets sooner into the onboard-soundcard than into my external soundcard. That's very irritating. Someone maybe knows a cure for that? What's the standart mac latency by the way?

LADIES! PUT UR HANDS IN THE AIR :emotawesomepm9: ( :facepalm: )

:sorcerer:

ähem... the strange thing is, my external soundcard (mindprint trio usb) isn't listed in the list of the aggregate devices. I can find it in the audio/midi setup and I have the latest driver for my mac. So I use a tool called soundflower. I use onboard out & soundflower routed to my external soundcard and the timing is mad as hell. Also sometimes the fucking soundflower gets broken and sounds like 8-bit music and I have to choose the routing again.

I'm thinking the wrong timing could disappear if I can find my mindprint directly in the aggregate device menue, or am I wrong?

Any ideas? The wrong timing is fucking me up :cerious:

Guest ryanmcallister

honestly i'd recommend getting a real soundcard. i looked up yours and i get it looks kinda pro quality, but i mean something that is kinda a standard ya know? like...m-audio, focusrite, presonus, tascam, edirol, apogee, RME, etc. something that you would read about in a music gear magazine. not saying these are better than yours, just probably more compatible and versatile. i have a focusrite saffire and i have no problems setting up what you are proposing using only the aggregate devices rig.

honestly i'd recommend getting a real soundcard. i looked up yours and i get it looks kinda pro quality, but i mean something that is kinda a standard ya know? like...m-audio, focusrite, presonus, tascam, edirol, apogee, RME, etc. something that you would read about in a music gear magazine. not saying these are better than yours, just probably more compatible and versatile. i have a focusrite saffire and i have no problems setting up what you are proposing using only the aggregate devices rig.

yeah you're right but I'm a poor boy

Archived