IGNORED

help me eat properly

pcock

im a horrible cook myself, but ive found a diet thats far healthier than ramen and processed crap 24/7.

for lunch, i stock up on some lunchmeats, spinach leaves (only when they are on sale), cheese (whatever is the cheapest), and get a nice big vegetable. Usually a tomato or red pepper...those guys are great for you, and after you slice them they last for 2-3 days. Get a little dollop of mustard/mayo and you got yourself a solid, healthy sandwich.

i also buy applesauce when its on sale because it lasts forever...so I have about 10 bottles of applesauce. Have a little bit of that with the sandwich or as a snack.

for breakfast, I usually do oatmeal when its on sale, and occasionally granola. You can mix fruit in when you have it, or some maple syrup/brown sugar...its all up to you, and oatmeal is a pretty solid breakfast. i love it now. maybe mix it up now and then with some eggy in a basket...maybe a sausage to go along with it...fried mushrooms/veggies are great too and not that terrible for you. DONT get cereal because its usually sugary as shit..better for you to decide how much you want on/in it.

for dinner, I do whatever meat is on sale, and LOAD up on pasta. try to go for the wheat pasta or veggie pasta when its on sale...more fibrous and nutritional...sometimes i find 5 boxes of it for a dollar each. get some shredded cheese when its on sale, if not, just cut up the sandwich cheese and let it melt on the finished pasta. buy spaghetti sauce (again, when on sale) or even fucking light salad dressing can work well with pasta...plus a pinch of salt and pepper. For your meat you can bake some fish on the side, or buy some lean turkey sausage and cut it up/throw it in the mix.

so like i said, im not a chef by any means, but you can eat fairly healthy for fairly cheap if you know when to buy. When boxed items are on sale, fucking LOAD up like its nobodys business...i sometimes go into the supermarket and leave with 20 boxes of pasta and 5 cans of sauce...takes care of that area for a couple of months...so shop strategically, not tactically.

anyway, im pretty sure everyone else gave better advice...but im liking this plan so far.

Usually the ready-to-wok packs in Tesco Express aren't too expensive and are Tres Bon!

Get some carrots, peppers, chicken, sweetcorn, cabbage etc and a tin of sauce and make a tasty, cheap meal in little over 10 minutes.

The Uncle Bens (or eqivalent) rice packs are pretty good too. Even on their own or with meatballs.

I don't think you can ever go wrong with dried pasta and maybe tuna-sweetcorn. Sounds boring I know but it's still tasty.

i like pasta. i buy the "fresh" stuff, comes in a plastic package like this (on the right):

FTumt.jpg

they have lots of varieties, usually i go for three cheese and broccoli, or cheese and spinach.

just throw it in a pot of boiling water for about 6 minutes, put sauce on it, and it's done.

Ny017l.jpg

for sauce, i like classico:

4265F.jpg

the basil one kind of sucks, i like their "red wine and herb" or "tuscan olive and garlic" much better. it's also expensive. $4 a jar, but it beats the $1 stuff made with corn syrup...

so, $8 for the pasta, $4 for the sauce, $12 in total. depending on the pasta, you'll get 3 or 4 meals out of it, which puts the average cost at about $3.50 a meal. damn cheap, full of calories, nutrients, and protein, and most of the pastas have no trans fat.

Guest enxyme

Buy your favorite preferably organic produce and steam it.

you'll need a steaming basket which fits inside a regular cooking pot... add water, place the vegitables on-top, let them go for about 20min...

Add some salt and pepper or just plain... combine with rice(brown is best) or preferably quinoa...

Perhaps some dried fruit for dessert...

Extremely healthy and quick...

i like pasta. i buy the "fresh" stuff, comes in a plastic package like this (on the right):

FTumt.jpg

just throw it in a pot of boiling water for about 6 minutes, put sauce on it, and it's done.

Ny017l.jpg

yeah man , the tortellini with cheese, awesome

more than what?

more than the bigger (24hr) stores.

everything is a bit more expensive at the express... plus there's less than half the selection/choice of stuff.

thats great, wheres the nearest one to me?

the answer is, two miles away, so fuck that

walk you lazy f**ker! 2 miles aint that far to go. jeeze....... are you fat or something?

4 miles walking to get roughly a 2-3% discount on food, nice one.

lazy.

not only would you get cheaper prices but you'd get more of a selection of food, obviously (aswell as getting some excersise) instead of the over priced conveniance-type and frozen food you'll get from the express. there's also things known as buses. ;)

but whatever, man. it's your life.

actually i discovered that just cookking pasta and dumping it in soup is pretty tasty and makes it about 10 times more filling.

are you a student?

Getting shit tons of groceries sucks when you have to walk or bus far, period. even it you've got a backpack. Sure it's good excercise, but you either have to go every day on your way home from work or put your back out trying to juggle bags and bags of groceries once or twice a week.

im getting a bit sick of eating chicken beans and sweetcorn for dinner, and i mostly only eat it because i can never think of shit to cook.

what are chicken beans? sounds a bit fecal

Archived