IGNORED

The Bad Plus covering the fucking Rite of Spring

vamos scorcho

Guest jim

Edit: I think you kind of lose the impressionism of the piece without the timbral contrast of the different instruments playing the different 'animals.'

What?

Edit: I think you kind of lose the impressionism of the piece without the timbral contrast of the different instruments playing the different 'animals.'

What?

maybe he's thinking of carnival of the animals?

I think it's tuned to an E flat a couple octaves below human hearing. But Young shaved each hammer down to assure that it only hits one string in the same spot every time. It isn't your average prepared piano.

yeah he actually composed the piano score first - then moved to the orchestral instrumentation.

That's crazy. It'd be like Berlioz doing the Symphonie Fantastique on piano first.

What?

I thought the weird groaning, bleating and shrieking sounds of the orchestral instruments were meant to be imitating animals.

yeah he actually composed the piano score first - then moved to the orchestral instrumentation.

That's crazy. It'd be like Berlioz doing the Symphonie Fantastique on piano first.

What?

I thought the weird groaning, bleating and shrieking sounds of the orchestral instruments were meant to be imitating animals.

It is originally about the ritual sacrifice of a virgin girl in some primitive society. But I associate it with dinosaurs and stuff because of Fantasia.

Guest jim

Stravinsky pretty much wrote everything at the piano his entire life, same with ravel and many others. I dunno, I guess there are bits that sound a bit animal-like due to the instrumentation but that kinda cheapens it for me. The virgin dancing herself to death is literal enough for one piece IMO.

Archived