IGNORED

Jesu - Ascension

Guest Popemobile v2

Guest Popemobile v2

dokkfd.jpg

Justin K. Broadrick, of Godflesh/Napalm Death/Final/Pale Sketcher/a million other things is set to release his third full-length under the Jesu moniker. For those who haven't heard, Jesu is a kind of amalgam of like, shoegaze, drone metal, and that sort of shit (some would even call it "shoemetal"). Lots of feedback and fun stuff like that. It's good.

Here's a couple full-length samples (top of page). http://www.caldoverderecords.com/

Amazon has some clips too, but boy, they're low bitrate and sound like shit.

I'm pretty excited for this. I think Justin has had a good run in the last couple years, with his Pale Sketcher project, some good Final releases, the new Blood of Heroes project, and the Infinity and Opiate Sun releases under the Jesu name (Dethroned too). Hopefully it won't be a let-down like many other releases from this year...

Guest Apeofnaples

Looks like a Red House Painters album cover, which I suppose is fitting. Looking forward to this, wasnt too keen on Opiate Sun though. I hear there's a new Godflesh album in the works btw

I'm a huge Jesu fan and this album finally convinced me that this project is infinitely better in small doses which is why his ep's are so much better. it's just so heavy and depressing. I will say this album surprised me with how it sounds (in a good way) and I love how far the project has come, even though the self-titled is still probably my favorite.

About time for another full length... I do agree with jules though that it can be better in small doses, or at least you have to be in the mood for a full album, cause yeah... Beautiful stuff a lot of it, but damn if you pay attention to the lyrics a lot of it is quite depressing and melancholy.

Also, Sun Day might just be the most beautiful 3 chord progression song I've ever heard... I fucking LOVE this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN5VtKcJ1Uo

not too fussed about this just yet.. it takes me ages to get into Jesu stuff.. I only just "got" Conqueror earlier this year so I'm not in an immediate rush for more. However...

I hear there's a new Godflesh album in the works btw

Any more details? I'm mad keen for that, especially if it was just Broadrick, Green and a drum machine/sampler. The gig they played last year was just phenomenal.

Archived