IGNORED

Industrial Records reactivated

usagi

from here

[Throbbing Gristle] has now chosen to reactivate its dormant Industrial Records imprint, which will be the sole representative for selling Throbbing Gristle's music.

Furthermore, on September 26 the label will be releasing a series of remastered, deluxe vinyl reissues of TG albums The Second Annual Report, D.O.A. The Third & Final Report, Heathen Earth, 20 Jazz Funk Greats, and Throbbing Gristle's Greatest Hits. The remastered albums will also be available digitally and on CD.

Wow. I didn't see that one coming. I wish they would tour again.

They played here a couple years ago, but I was too broke to go :(

Guest Greg Reason

I can't see how it would be TG without Sleaz tho, they have a very good point in calling it quits.

Good to hear Chris and Cosey are going to finish up Desertshore, that will be a goodun.

can anyone recommend where to start with them? i've only heard a few bits and pieces and i don't think i heard the good stuff (unless that was the 'good' stuff and i just don't get it..)

Guest Greg Reason

20 Jazz Funk Greats is a good one, but if you don't "get it" then give The Third Mind Movements a shot

It is more recent and modern sounding; intensely wicked dark ambient trip. Both releases are very different but will give you a taste of two different styles. When you've gotten used to the flavour you can then get onto rougher, more abrasive and confrontational work like The Second Annual Report.

I also recommend checking out their last studio album before they reformed, 'A Journey Through a Body' , it's very different from anything else they've done some of it is very playful.

Also if you can stand genesis p-orridge i'd check out the 2nd Psychic TV album 'Dreams Less Sweet' for me its a spiritual throbbing gristle album reminding me very much of 'A Journey Through', even though it only has one half of TG in it, definitely the most interesting and fully formed PTV album as well, they have A LOT of half-assed filler music to wade through

Archived