IGNORED

hairy bikers .. woht

delet...

fucking geordies on TV, its an absolute travesty I tell you

Actually only one of them is a Geordie, the other's from Cumbria. But you're right, one is too many.

For the foreigners on the board this is the accent closest to an original English, although there is some nordic influence. Essentially a dialect originating with Viking and Anglo Saxon warriors.

Whereas those accents centred around London and the south coast, including what most of you probably consider an English accent, are an unnatural perversion and have been strongly influenced by an influx of homosexual dressmakers from the continent in the 18th century, amongst other things.

Guest Coalbucket PI

Actually only one of them is a Geordie, the other's from Cumbria.

An apologist for Tyneside

Guest sirch

Actually only one of them is a Geordie, the other's from Cumbria. But you're right, one is too many.

For the foreigners on the board this is the accent closest to an original English, although there is some nordic influence. Essentially a dialect originating with Viking and Anglo Saxon warriors.

Whereas those accents centred around London and the south coast, including what most of you probably consider an English accent, are an unnatural perversion and have been strongly influenced by an influx of homosexual dressmakers from the continent in the 18th century, amongst other things.

you mean the French...

An English accent war will get ugly fast. I'm glad I'm a mongrel.

EDIT: kakapo, how broad is your accent? And do you habitually say "y'cunt/bastard" at the end of every sentence?

(EDIT II: huge kakapo fan)

EDIT: kakapo, how broad is your accent? And do you habitually say "y'cunt/bastard" at the end of every sentence?

Not particularly broad, but I pick it up a bit more when I'm back home. Although I did have some kid snigger at it in London last week. I have a lower middle class Geordie accent which half the rest of the country seems to confuse with Irish for some reason. I try to limit the amount of cunt I use, mix it up with a bit of prick and twat, but sometimes, especially living in London, only cunt will do.

Archived