IGNORED

spiral of internet madness

vamos scorcho

I'm just making this thread for purposes of sharing experiences.

I think it's quite clear what is the solution to internet addiction, the cure even, for mild/early states:

THE CURE FOR INTERNET ADDICTION:

GET OUT MORE! GET OFF THE FUCKING COMPUTER AND READ A BOOK, SEE FRIENDS, LIVE, do a dance, do something, anything.

but still, I want to share. this digital, virtual world is quite addicting, physically even. i'm personally a bit isolated in my current living situation so i've been using the net more in down time. i must say, it grows maddening. cycling through bullshit. over and over. reading things. checking things. leading to nothing. it's quite boring!

so, this thread is devoted to internet addiction madness. it may be a pointless thread but I feel it's notable the cycles of endless, pointless refreshing and the detraction it causes from everyday life for some people.

in fact there are CLINICS for it in China, I believe! and probably elsewhere.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

i saw a post about this on reddit, fark, digg, slate, msnbc, and the huffington post yesterday.. :trashbear:

it grows maddening. cycling through bullshit. over and over. reading things. checking things. leading to nothing. it's quite boring!

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/64716-places-on-the-internet-that-can-learn-you-stuff/page__p__1540793__hl__%2Bplaces+%2Bon+%2Bthe+%2Binternet__fromsearch__1#entry1540793

what's with all these paranoid addiction threads vamos?

too much caffeine.

i hear that. i can't do 8 oz of coffee anymore. my heart hurts and i have a hard time breathing. also ftr i've never in my life had more that 2 cups of coffee a day. I'm worried.

people often write off the severity of caffeine's effects but for me it reached the point of 10 shots espresso, 3-4 big coffees per day. i'm down to much less now but even a cup can still have a strong effect. i'll certainly plan to stop that entirely in place of tea perhaps

do you ever feel like you're watching your life on a TV?

yeah, most often. i recently have been reading some books on mindfulness and Buddhism which have helped me to deal with this sensation.

Guest hahathhat

people often write off the severity of caffeine's effects but for me it reached the point of 10 shots espresso, 3-4 big coffees per day. i'm down to much less now but even a cup can still have a strong effect. i'll certainly plan to stop that entirely in place of tea perhaps

do you ever feel like you're watching your life on a TV?

yeah, most often. i recently have been reading some books on mindfulness and Buddhism which have helped me to deal with this sensation.

i was actually just commenting about your avatar !!

but as far as i understand it, schizophrenia, PCP, and abuse/trauma can cause this. schizophrenia, you take drugs. PCP, you stop taking drugs. abuse/trauma, you go to therapy. the rapists

caffeine never made me paranoid, just more chipmunk-ish.

Guest hahathhat

vamos you need to be more skeptical of your deeply impressionable skepticism.

pop goes the skull implosion

in any case, i spend far too much time on the internet.

Guest hahathhat

This thread is about pizza.

i like pizza. sometimes it likes me back

i have never pizza want college go to college people life

pie

i am a negative nancy

i am a negative nancy

i am a negative nancy

i am a negative nancy

no ur not

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

i have never pizza want college go to college people life