IGNORED

google+

kokoon

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

anyone playing city of wonder on g+

its kinda farmville and age of empires combined and simplified or something. fun though. need allys

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gary C

anyone playing city of wonder on g+

its kinda farmville and age of empires combined and simplified or something. fun though. need allys

I opened it and turned away on the tutorial. I might give it my time though.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i never played farmville, but i guess this is similar realtime farming but with added war. its a city builder basically

there was an article on civ world a new facebook civilization game in this months wired magazine. but the game doesn't seem to exist on facebook. bit odd.

Guest Mirezzi

The only thing left to be said about Google+ is that it's an excellent alternative to Facebook, but it offers not nearly enough compelling reasons for people to leave Facebook.

I think, in their attempt to make it equal parts Facebook and Twitter killer, they have succeeded in killing neither. It's just an acceptable compromise between the two, but again, nothing revolutionary and not all that evolutionary either.

The pervasiveness of Google is already a bit dangerous IMO, so I'm not too bothered that this was yet another flash in the social networking pan for them. As for their string of failures to capture this market, Google+ is here to stay. See that tab at the top of your screen? Google might, just might, lose many of these battles but still win the war. All the people who have signed up for Google+ won't magically stop going to the Google+ site, because every time they log in to their Google mail, in spirit they're already using Google+.

I really wonder why they do not spend more time updating it by adding new features all the time. instead they just leave it like it is and wait until nobody cares anymore

i just got an account last night. i don't get the hype, so maybe i'm getting too old for social networking sites and making/maintaining friends. PM me if you would like an invite but you'll be eating white-bread for breakfast...

i just got an account last night. i don't get the hype, so maybe i'm getting too old for social networking sites and making/maintaining friends. PM me if you would like an invite but you'll be eating white-bread for breakfast...

facebook and google are currently in the icq, skype, aim, msn state. its not about you getting old

Not dead yet.

http://www.guardian....s-launch-closes

Google is to shut down 10 products, including the search company Aardvark, bought for $50m last year, as the internet giant focuses on new social network Google+ ahead of its public launch.

The "fall spring clean" follows a pledge by Larry Page to rid the company of inefficiencies after he took over as chief executive in April.

The products listed for closure include Aardvark, Desktop, Fast Flip, Google Maps API for Flash, Google Pack, Google Web Security, Image Labeler, Notebook, Sidewiki and Subscribed Links.

Google has not said when it plans to unveil a public launch Google+, but is expected to do so before the first half of next year.

Eustace added: "We've never been afraid to try big, bold things, and that won't change. We'll continue to take risks on interesting new technologies with a lot of potential. But by targeting our resources more effectively, we can focus on building world-changing products with a truly beautiful user experience.

a truly beautiful user experience.

heh, do they know what font that's in. And background and i don't know if design is in their dna. Anyway, i'm gonna keep my account active. It's linked to gmail anyway, so it's not going anywhere.

Archived