IGNORED

F.Y.V.M.

Terpentintollwut

So I met a guy from Seattle last night who was on vacation in my town and asked me where he could meet some German girls, he seemed nice so I took him to the funfair that's currently in town (it's almost Oktoberfest-size). By the end of the night, around 1 a.m., we returned to the street where we met and there was a bloke lying on the ground, messing about with a motorcycle. We approached him, asking whether he needed help, he turned out to be another English speaking fella (probably from the UK, accent-wise). He says he tripped and can't get up, so we give him a hand. He insists that he is "not a bum" and doesn't want our money. Then he wants to go to the "Hofgarten", which is not a good place to hang out at night. At this point I managed to hit record on my mp3player, so there's a good half minute of me giving him advice about Hofgarten and him asking where he could find the street he's already at, and then he says goodbye and drops this killer line and the other guy didn't even realize it:

(^beware, quality isn't so great and there's some loud clicking noises in there as the mp3player was in my pocket and I kept moving around)

This phrase might not be new to you but it was to me and I was delighted by its simplistic brilliance.

Yeah. I figured it was, but I hadn't heard it before. No idea why he said it in the first place as we did help him out and I may have saved his life by telling him he shouldn't go to the Hofgarten. I'm a hero now. :emotawesomepm9:

He was probably very appreciative of your help. Being English myself, I suspect it was probably said tongue in cheek.

Archived