IGNORED

Any wordpress pros on watmm?

QBLA

I have a question concerning the wordpress setup:

How do you change the info at the bottom? you know the "©2011, Blah Blah | email info" part at the bottom?

Guest AcrossCanyons

unless it's a theme option you will probably have to edit the css. (which you need an upgrade to do I believe)

Guest Gary C

Yeah, I deleted it in CSS. On the Wordpress site platform it's in the Footer section. Just look for familiar text.

Can anyone give me any advice about my unstable menu bar? It's fine when I stick with the templates default widgets, but when I add even one new one it screws the alignment a bit.

http://www.thedisabledcubicle.com

Guest AcrossCanyons

Yeah, I deleted it in CSS. On the Wordpress site platform it's in the Footer section. Just look for familiar text.

Can anyone give me any advice about my unstable menu bar? It's fine when I stick with the templates default widgets, but when I add even one new one it screws the alignment a bit.

it does look a bit off but it could just be a trick of the eyes? have you measured it up?

I have a question concerning the wordpress setup:

How do you change the info at the bottom? you know the "©2011, Blah Blah | email info" part at the bottom?

It depends on the theme you're using. But it's probably in the file wp-content/themes/[themename]/footer.php

it does look a bit off but it could just be a trick of the eyes? have you measured it up?

Yeah looks normal right now. Can you add a widget that skews the alignment?

http://architectsandheroes.net/

this is the site (my label). the theme is mystique. changed the back ground and some other colors. I think Across Canyons answered my question with the purchasing of an upgrade because I found the code for footers in a forum there and previewed it. It shows the way I want it, but I couldn't save it because I didn't purchase the upgrade.

Thanks everyone one for your advice and help! I knew I'd get somewhere faster asking here! :)

Yeah it's actually really shitty tech. And if you get that custom design upgrade, you wont even be able to edit that footer. You'd pay $30 a year to change a CSS file.

Oh and "Although the Custom Design Upgrade certainly grants you the capability to hide the credit from your site’s footer, you are not permitted to do so. Even our VIP bloggers are required to maintain the credit."

Edit: Site looks great :ok:

Thanks Ego :)

Sup: it's from .com, not .org.

I was just talking with a friend who runs http://www.nudephotomusic.com/ about this. He told me that it's simpler to use the dot org and download their software. I'll look into that rather than spend $30 on just changing a footer.

its true theres more customs for free you can do with the .org :flower:

and if you got already the domain why not right?

Guest AcrossCanyons

Yeah it's actually really shitty tech. And if you get that custom design upgrade, you wont even be able to edit that footer. You'd pay $30 a year to change a CSS file.

Oh and "Although the Custom Design Upgrade certainly grants you the capability to hide the credit from your site’s footer, you are not permitted to do so. Even our VIP bloggers are required to maintain the credit."

Edit: Site looks great :ok:

That's lame.

I love wordpresses functionality, options and particularly the admin dashboard layout but it kind a sucks you have to pay every year to edit the css. but you also get more options if you get the .org opposed to the .com thing what with the downloadable software and all that so maybe that's an option if you're after more editing freedom?

edit: sup beat me to it.

yeah, this is pretty good advice coming from 3 sources. So I'll be making that switch soon. and of course asking for help along the way :)

• 2 weeks later...

i am a rookie word press moron. is it possible to upload a downloaded theme to a free wordpress page i am trying to create?

edit: i am trying to build it on wordpress.com

edit 2: it appears I need wordpress.org :wtf:

edit 3: f wordpress, I'm going to try cargo collective

Archived