IGNORED

Music apps for the Nintendo DS/3DS etc

Guest The Bro

Ez guys I'm getting a 3DS soon. Only a few days and it should arrive in the post so I'm wondering what music apps aside from the Korg DS there are?

Thanks.

I don't think there are any others.

edit: I am proven wrong. Sorry!

google 'DS homebrew music' there are tons of freeware shit out there like nitrotracker ect but you will need a R4 card that will work on the 3DS

Cool man. What's a R4 card by the way?

Its funny having bought my 3DS I never really thought about using it for ROMS and other software so this is definitely cool news.

Shame there isn't a way of plugging a controller or keyboard into the Nintendo DS. Seems like there's a gap in the market for a controller and some decent software for it.

Have you checked out Electroplankton? Really fun, different way to make music. You can even sample sounds for looping and playback in certain modes. Not really for "serious" composing but you could probably get some great content out of it. Really it's just fun to play with.

Here is a video... no real composed pieces here but they go through the different modes so you can see what all it does.

[youtubehd]aPkPGcANAIg[/youtubehd]

And here is a pretty decent one where a guy has visually and audibly "mixed" a few modes (in post) and created a nice ambient piece

[youtubehd]hKTKjbysw5g[/youtubehd]

I suppose its a question of having a good sample selection to load into it. I guess my only concern is that I read that Nintendo could ban members for getting an R4 card. I mean personally I want one so I can use Nitro Tracker to make music with and that's it really.

I suppose its a question of having a good sample selection to load into it. I guess my only concern is that I read that Nintendo could ban members for getting an R4 card. I mean personally I want one so I can use Nitro Tracker to make music with and that's it really.

I guess, but the thing I love about the trackers it's trying to emulate is that they have those lovely sounding pitch bend effects - NitroTracker doesn't!

Guest futuregirlfriend

R4 is banned in the UK as of a year ago. I'll sell you my legit original one for £499. Do some reading here http://gbatemp.net/f201-3ds-hacking-homebrew

Slow progress on nitrotracker, I give up on waiting for effects.

Guest Billov

Hopefully there'll be an R4 card that runs 3ds games soon. I guess there'll be a whole new selection of homebrew stuff to back that up, given time.

R4 is banned in the UK as of a year ago. I'll sell you my legit original one for £499. Do some reading here http://gbatemp.net/f...acking-homebrew

Slow progress on nitrotracker, I give up on waiting for effects.

Yeah it's slow as fuck. I just want a good tracker!

Maybe I will start using it though.. If I can get my damn CycloDS card to work again, augh. Tried updating it last night and all of the text in the menus disappeared!

Archived