IGNORED

for the love of chairs

jules

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

found one of these in an antique barn at the weekend...

Neils_moller_75_chair_in_teak.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!iUFEc9er(+yBRKl,okOCw~~60_12.J$T2eC16h,!zEE9s3!Z)4OBRKl,8TYcg~~60_12.J

it's in great condition, and they only wanted £40 but i talked my gf out of it cos it's just a single dining chair... it was much nicer in person than in theses pics.

but seeing the price of these 4 on ebay (£690 buy it now - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Stunning-Niels-Moller-Teak-Dinning-Chairs-Mod-75-Danish-Mid-Century-1954-/121102857896?pt=UK_Antiques_AntiqueFurniture_SM&hash=item1c324af6a8)

i'm thinking i should go back and get it for her birthday.

the idea of the legs coming up high enough to intrude one's own legs ability to swivel, does rather erk me though. And that is an issue with both chairs.

Still get 'em for the missus. they look schmick. Very den.

aye they're very wide though so the top of the legs don't trouble your leg unless you're a wide loada.

agreed, i actually prefer the top one aesthetically... but it's most likely inspired by hans wegner cos he's the daddy...

if i'd seen a hans wegner in an antique barn for £40 i'd have bought it whether i liked the style or not and then sold it on for big profit.

similarly, if the one we saw had arms, it'd be worth at least £350 on it's own and i'd be daft to pass it up.

wegner -

41399.jpg

moller -

236452.jpg

reminds me of the segments on euromaxx where they visit museums of furniture or exclusive homes around europe, and they're filled with this wooden hipstery.

so i went back for the Niels O. Moller Teak Model No. 75... my mrs was really chuffed.

the old guy selling it obviously didn't know anything about it... i paid £30 and they go for 10 times as much. still in production, made to order for £532 each.

wssb5u.jpg

bit of a result!

Guest Iain C

Fools. Sitting down will kill you all, and you're just sleepwalking right into it. Sleepsitting right into it. WHATEVER.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

my shitty pic doesn't do justice, it's such a nice chair...

5274733353_f08c3bf497_m.jpgc045_2.jpg

My parents have a set very similar to this. The seats need to be re-woven as they're a bit worn but they're really nice chairs. Also, that Eames chair in the OP is the most comfortable chair ever. One day I will have one!

score brother! nice one

so i went back for the Niels O. Moller Teak Model No. 75... my mrs was really chuffed.

the old guy selling it obviously didn't know anything about it... i paid £30 and they go for 10 times as much. still in production, made to order for £532 each.

wssb5u.jpg

bit of a result!

love that credenza/side board!

• 8 months later...

Just picked this up from the charity shop for £20. It's so comfortable, it's got a nice rocking action too. Going to reupholster it with a mustard coloured fabric I think.

epesupe5.jpg

Archived