IGNORED

for the love of chairs

jules

i love the design of chairs and i am looking for new dining chairs but i also love lounge and chill chairs. i am particularly drawn to 50s/60s chairs. if it were up to me, all of these would be in my house...

p7-e6.jpg

400.jpg

VSEamesLoungeLooks.jpg

vintage-eames-dowel-chairs-parchment-jp-3222-p.jpg

hans-wegner-the-chair.jpg

Hans_J._Wegner_CH_24_Chair_d1t.jpg

400.jpg

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wooden based eiffel is really nice. I have a knock-off which I quite like.

there are ones on overstock that are knock offs but the reviews are terrible when it comes to quality and putting them together. did you have any issues?

i have a replica eames lounger that my wife found at an estate sale. we got it for $20 and it is in great shape and is real leather.

I don't remember where I got these. I think I paid $120 for two chairs, and sold one on craigslist for $80. The bases were easy to put together and are really stable, not wobbly, etc. It was just important to leave everything loose, weight the chair, then tighten a bit. They are obviously made of plastic rather than fiberglass; though that doesn't bother me!

The bases are just so pretty!

Guest fiznuthian

I made my own stools out of big logs that I put in my room... had four of them, so when (if ever) people did come visit everyone could gather round sitting on logs

I put together a new bike last weekend, so now I have a broken frame that isn't being used for anything. I'm thinking of cutting it and making it into a stool.

Or just hanging it on my wall.

my friend used to have one of these

GoodPostureChair.png

great for posture

I fucking hate those things. That is not a chair.

yea a few people have them at my work too. pretty much the opposite end of the spectrum i posted.

a seating solution nonetheless

do they wear crocs?

Guest Coalbucket PI

My mum got us one of those posture chairs when I started to become an Internet Enthusiast. Not a chair. Everyone always ends up sitting on it with their feet on the knee rests and with the most curved spine ever

i thought they were specifically for knitting (with a knitting machine), maybe that's how they were originally marketed or something

Archived