IGNORED

Dark Souls

Joyrex

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Demon Souls is fucking amazing. I'm finding both the enemy and level design to be even better than Dark Souls, which is quite the feat. I'm doing rather well too I think, although I may be slightly over-leveled. The whole world/character tendencies thing is something I haven't delved into yet. I'm trying to go white 1st as it's easier to go black later I hear. I haven't decided if I'm going to try for the Platinum trophy or not... I hear that farming certain weapon upgrades can be a total pain in the ass.

wow....i am completely stuck at Ceaseless Discharge...by far the hardest boss Ive faced....died at least 20 times to him already....no idea how to get past him spamming that fire attack....and his tentacles are impossible to dodge...wtf

wow....i am completely stuck at Ceaseless Discharge...by far the hardest boss Ive faced....died at least 20 times to him already....no idea how to get past him spamming that fire attack....and his tentacles are impossible to dodge...wtf

It's actually quite easy. Just stay close enough so he uses the tentacle attack, dodge it and attack the tentacle 2handed. The pyromancy that increases fire resistance helps insanely btw.

Smetty wear the gold hemmed armor for that fight. There's a really easy way to beat him too, but unfortunately it's too late to do it on this playthrough cuz you already died. well looking at this vid maybe you can... check it.

thanks guys, i finally figured out a way, but in basically involved me getting hit every single time and Flasking it, get in two hits, repeat. thank god im OPed....id never make it past.

man fighting those 6 taurus demons was a hell of a lot of fun.

After this and Izalith I still need to finish Tomb of the Giants....was getting really frustrated with the lack of light in there....so ill come back with my shiny new Estus Flask +3....also working on building up the Zweihander....its at +12 right now...where do I get more Titanite Chunks?

also, Im convinced that the only thing keeping this game from all-time greatness is the goddamn PvP trolls....seriously fuck fuck fuck FUCK invaders....Im so fed up with that goddamn game mechanic....i can't even get ten seconds with two humanity to kindle a bonfire. jesus christ.

thanks guys, i finally figured out a way, but in basically involved me getting hit every single time and Flasking it, get in two hits, repeat. thank god im OPed....id never make it past.

man fighting those 6 taurus demons was a hell of a lot of fun.

After this and Izalith I still need to finish Tomb of the Giants....was getting really frustrated with the lack of light in there....so ill come back with my shiny new Estus Flask +3....also working on building up the Zweihander....its at +12 right now...where do I get more Titanite Chunks?

also, Im convinced that the only thing keeping this game from all-time greatness is the goddamn PvP trolls....seriously fuck fuck fuck FUCK invaders....Im so fed up with that goddamn game mechanic....i can't even get ten seconds with two humanity to kindle a bonfire. jesus christ.

Farm the Dark Wraiths at the bottom of the New Londo Ruins for titanite chunks. You can also trade the item "rubbish" to snuggly the crow for a titanite chunk. As far as invasions go, it used to piss me off bad, but after awhile, I look forward to it. Certain areas are more active for invasions. Also, if the boss is killed in a particular area, you cannot be invaded there. You'll get the sunlight maggot in Lost Izalith, which is a piece of headgear that illuminates. I far prefer that to the skull lantern as the tomb can be tricky without a shield.

The Iron Golum seemed unusually easy - Only got hit once during the whole fight and he seemed to spend most of the time just sat on the floor feeling sorry for himself !

The Iron Golum seemed unusually easy - Only got hit once during the whole fight and he seemed to spend most of the time just sat on the floor feeling sorry for himself !

wtf that's exactly what happened to me? like he was permanently stunlocked or something?

btw, have fun in Anor Londo, its tough but once you get the hang of it its probably my fave place ive encountered so far (painted world level included)

anor londo is fucking gorgeous. one of the lushest spots I've been to in a game I suppose. On that note, check out the view from the 1st bell tower. you can see the duke's archives from there which is cool. there's a good view of the burg and parrish from sens fortress as well.

This is Il Duomo in Milan :

BojmW.jpg

LOL. Go human and summon Iron Tarkus before the fight then. An AI controlled phantom can deck the Iron Golem without your intervention, even on NG+, it's hilarious.

Instead of going to NG+, I recommend starting over. I'd pick the pyro class during char creation, then play as a dex/int mage. That is SUCH a fun playstyle to fuck around with. Seriously you have to try it. Your 2nd playthrough will take half the time. I'd pretty much guarantee it.

Maybe I will.....but I want to at least beat this one....ugh..

Seriously, overall thus far this game is not that hard. It's these "cheap" challenges that only exist to frustrate, like a boss that knocks you 30 feet back with one swing despite rolling underneath it and regardless of whether your shield is up, or where you have to dodge two archers that can knock you off an incredibly small precipice with one arrow's kickback. Or figuring out that you were supposed to kill the boss back in the Darkroot Garden in order to get a ring that you are supposed to put on when jumping into a gigantic hole at the bottom of New Londo. When I get past those moments, its not a celebration of victory, its just a "Fuck those cheap bastards thank god that's over". It's not fun beating it, it's a trifling obstacle course.

Compare it to the battle with Ornstein and Smough, which required memorization, careful use of room and movement, and slow and patient focus, knowing when to strike, to dodge, to keep at bay, to isolate one of them, etc. Or Gaping Dragon, who I lost to at least 30 times but was so damn satisfying to beat once I figured out how he worked.

TBH I got more satisfaction out of beating the Hard mode bosses in the God of War series, or Devil May Cry. I wish there were more epic boss fights and less "figure out the way to cheese the boss's one hidden weakness", because those were seriously amazing.

Bed of Chaos is a cunt. Even the devs admitted the Lost Izalith section was an area they had to rush and they regret mistakes specifically with that boss. My advice is wear full Havel, or any armour with high Poise, luckily they made it so you don't have to break the lights new every time you go in there. Once you've beaten him once and get how to do it, he's a bit of a joke.

I'd love to hear the remix. I love Gwyn's theme.

Bed of chaos was the easiest boss for me. I was naked instead of armor with high poise, just run to the sides kill the yellow stuff and go to the center to kill some more stuff. Gwyn's theme made the last fight feel epic even tho it's one of the easiest and least epic fights, I won't forget the moment when you enter the fog gate prepared to see the biggest boss in the game in a place worse than lost izalith and hear some epic orchestral music and it's all totally different yet even more epic, just because of the music.

Bed of chaos was the easiest boss for me. I was naked instead of armor with high poise, just run to the sides kill the yellow stuff and go to the center to kill some more stuff.

Gwyn's theme made the last fight feel epic even tho it's one of the easiest and least epic fights, I won't forget the moment when you enter the fog gate prepared to see the biggest boss in the game in a place worse than lost izalith and hear some epic orchestral music and it's all totally different yet even more epic, just because of the music.

Spoiler that shit for SR4.

Woah, the painting world is pretty generous with souls - I've gone from level 60 - 65 in about an hour

yeah, keep hitting up the Phalanx for some easy lvling up.

Archived