IGNORED

Marble Music

Hoodie

Is anyone else following the releases on this label? I love everything about it. The design, the artwork, the music...

surkin-ultralight.jpg

cbls.jpg

marble-Players.jpg

[youtubehd]T9ud8Ey74H8[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]rRH1MhiMKq0[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]YG7n1zeXZUQ[/youtubehd]

http://marble.fm/

• 5 months later...

New Marble artwork. Tell me they aren't geniuses.

surkin-loose-yourself.jpg

usa-club-mix.jpg

das-glow-concrete-web.jpg

para-mother-web.jpg

Marble recently turned one year old and it's been an amazing year indeed. Lots of great releases--I'm really looking forward to Marble changing the face of house music.

You know, I was discussing Marble with a friend recently. We talked about how similar and yet different they are to Ed Banger. Both of them are French powerhouse labels. Ed Banger changed the direction of house music when they got big around ~2005, in my opinion, and Marble's about to do the same. But Ed Banger is a very emotional, playful label. Very colorful. Their music is mostly about having a good time, partying, looking cool, etc.

Marble is fucking serious business though. A lot (not all) of their music I would describe as "void of human emotion." But in this void, something ineffable and frankly beautiful appears. It's almost like raw power (Canblaster and Sam Tiba especially embody this). I love it. I think Marble is going to drive house music toward a more experimental/IDM direction with Ed Banger's last couple of releases being subpar (in particular, Sebastian - Total was a huge disappointment and AVD failed to produce any huge singles in contrast to Cross).

Hostile cubist takeover--DEAL WITH IT>>>

#MARBLEFOREVER

531236_316428191764004_133132610093564_810520_45361926_n.jpg

http://soundcloud.com/marblecloud/surkin-usa-club-mixes-teaser

Guest Backson

I liked the Para One EP except that the mastering on the title track was horrendous. I'm usually all for compression, but sounded totally flat and lifeless.

Also, that Jackson remix is alright but he's losing his touch a tad. I wish he would just release something instead of getting more and mundane with each remix.

Guest Backson

Actually, I'm being a bit harsh with Jackson.

Most of the stuff he's done since Smash is still really good, but less unique from other forms of dance music.

This remix is alright.

Archived