IGNORED

Surkin - USA

Stock

From the xlr8r website :

Surkin Announces New Single, Debut LP

• Words: Patric Fallon

Parisian party starter Benoit Heitz (a.k.a. Surkin) has a couple releases coming down the pipeline via his Marble imprint before the year's end, a three-track 12" and his debut long-player. The "Ultra Light" single (pictured above) will be available, along with two versions of non-album cut "Orbital Motorway" on the flip, on September 30, followed by the producer's 16-track USA LP, on October 26. Before either records drop, you can check out the tracklist for Surkin's debut album below.

1. Let's Ride

2. Lose Yourself (ft. Ann Saunderson)

3. Love Shot

4. I.N.Y.N

5. Fireworks Hotmix

6. Silver Island

7. White Knight Two

8. Rock It

9. Harry (ft. Bobmo)

10. Never Let Go (ft. Kevin Irving)

11. Fan Out

12. Gold Island

13. Ultra Light

14. Quattro (ft. Bobmo)

15. Silver Springs Anthem

16. UK Morning

:yeah:

EP sounds tasty, can't wait for the LP to be released ! I really love Surkin, his EPs on Institubes were amazing...

Isnt he some one also makes music's bro?

I don't think so...But he collaborates with Bobmo (High Powered Boys, Marble PLayers etc.)

You can also stream the whole EP on Marble's SoundCloud :

http://soundcloud.com/marblecloud/sets/mrbl009-surkin-ultra-light

I'm really loving it ! Album is set to drop November 7th...GREAT.

• 1 month later...

Anyone has it? Any opinions? That totally went over my head... when I'm home I will check it out.

What earlier EPs do you like? I only know "Ghetto obsessions" which is nice but a bit to french for my ears :emotawesomepm9:

I find Next Of Kin to be his greatest EP yet (because of the title track and White Knight Two). The latest on Institubes (Silver Island) has one of his best tracks on it but it's been put into the album tracklisting (called...Silver Island).

I didn't check the album as well because it's only digital right now, but thanks to Ed Rec it will get physical (CD and Vinyl) in the beginning of december so stay tuned ;)

Guest MastaN8

It's a really fun listen. I've been cranking it at work in the mornings setting up over the last week or two. It's got a great top 40 radio station thing going for it. Some great samples (Thompson twin-watching u watching me) etc.. But yeah if you like to have fun it's easy to listen to.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah right. It's a very fun listen, some amazing and very funny and absurd samples. Over all this is quite decent. Mr. Oizo for example is very stressful to listen to all while this gets the same energy and variations going but is quite laid back and 80ies in comparison.

• 4 months later...

USA Club Mixes is out and it's fucking brilliant.

Canblaster's megamix is genius. Para one's remix of Silver Island is fantastic as well & Jackson and His Computer Band makes an appearance. Very strong album overall, highly recommended.

Here's a sampler:

http://soundcloud.com/marblecloud/surkin-usa-club-mixes-teaser

Archived