IGNORED

BRAZILIAN ELECTRONIC SCENE

Kanakori

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the stuff that's been posted so far has been great, but I'm very surprised to not hear (m)any traditional Brazilian rhythms in there.

(I'm kinda relieved, though, because it means that my music will exist in a less-crowded niche)

1st Brazilian music i truly digged was the soundtrack of Cidade de Deus, it's basically funk, with Brazilian roots, pretty enjoyable...

later i found these guys, one of them is Caetano Veloso's son.

[youtubehd]H2EQNawnWO0[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]IGv4Ei8Lg58[/youtubehd]

i love Brazilian rhythms and timbres, well, i love everything tropical so...

Good stuff. Definitely interested.

Guest murphythecat8

the second link in the op post is really good, yes excellent. its been a long time also that ive heard anything good as that!

Arca is also south amrican I think and is the most exciting stuff ive heard last year.

Thanks for this thread.

@18:45 in the 2nd clip sounds like if Machinedrum 'Rooms' and Hyu 'Wild Card's had a baby

yeah i was gonna post about the one that get's going at 19:30 in that second clip from the OP, as well. loloincidental meanderation. Anway it's pretty. as are a few of those sounds, some trying repetition too. Must check the rest of the thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived