IGNORED

3 pretty new 2kn tracks

tokn

Would love to hear what you think. Three new tunes which I created with my new and very beautiful AKAI controller. Something between bass, garage, juke, idm, acid... well... see for your self:

http://soundcloud.com/2kn/analogue-feaver

http://soundcloud.com/2kn/daddy-doesnt-dig-it-excerpt

Guest RadarJammer

The third track sounds like it could sound pretty good with more separation between parts, the fullness of it is almost claustrophobic but there are lots of cool moments and possibilities to take it into nice directions.

The second track could probably be shaped into a pretty neat juke like track or something like that but the noisy synth part halfway through sort of pushes the rest of the tune out of the way disregarding it completely and is disorienting imo.

The first track starts to get cool for me after the 2 minute mark but it too could use a bit of separation and further exploration.

It's some good efforts and It would be fun to hear updated versions of these in the future.

Wow thanks. Thats almost the eway I feel about it.

The third track even starts in the middle, cause I noticed there are too many different melodies going on.

The high synth in the second track is way too loud, but I was too lazy to change it after uploading and noticing :tongue:

I really liked how the second track started but unfortunately it doesn't really go anywhere. The noisy pad that comes in around 0:36 doesn't really do the rest of the track justice. You could EASILY make this track banging.

Very nice drums at the begining of the first one.

Hehe thanks. What do you think of the rest of the track? And of the other two? Since I figured out you're one of the hardcore Clark-fanboys (and I am as well) I'm quite keen on your opinion.

I really liked how the second track started but unfortunately it doesn't really go anywhere. The noisy pad that comes in around 0:36 doesn't really do the rest of the track justice. You could EASILY make this track banging.

Yeah. The beat is banging and that's all I got. I wanted to mix it down to have some version to be able to mix the beat, but you (and RaderJammer) are right, the synth pad is total shit and going nowhere, it's even way too loud and ducking the rest of the track.

I will work on updates, when I'm ready I will add a new relpy here. Of course, don't let me stop you from giving some criticism. If you want to follow track with my output (there are some dj-mixes coming up) check 2kntrash.wordpress.com

I liked the first track but there's something about the mix that somewhat prevents me from getting fully into it. Nobody mentioned that so it might be just me (which is astonishing as I'm usually not difficult about the mix if the music is there), but yeah, I think it's mainly about the hhats and the kind of snare that hits at the middle of the bars (the one that starts at 0"04'). These sounds have a weird frequency balance, maybe you made them being out of phase or something like that, which is not a bad idea but the way you did it just disturbed me. Once again that could just be me.

Also, the fact I know you're a Clark hardcore fan maybe made me listen the track as a Clark-like one and as he's obviously a master of mix / mastering / whatever maybe I'm expecting a lot towards the mix ^^

Anyway, apart from that mix matter, I liked the beginning beat a lot ; the fact the melody comes later didn't bother me. I liked the reverberated acid line, and the melody coming after that. IMO that could be a very good track if the textures were more defined.

I think the second track has a potential but like Squee, I'm not sure it has a real direction (some more listening could fix that feeling, I don't know).

The third one is nice. I'm going to follow you to see if you enhanced that tracks ; also they make me curious about other ones from you !

keep digging

edit : also allow me to tell you the french word "oublie" in your soundcloud presentation shouldn't have an "e" at the end. You have to write it when you conjugate it, but the word itself is just "oubli" :wink:. That's in a Venetian Snares track, right ? I don't know where it sampled it from.

edit : also allow me to tell you the french word "oublie" in your soundcloud presentation shouldn't have an "e" at the end. You have to write it when you conjugate it, but the word itself is just "oubli" :wink:. That's in a Venetian Snares track, right ? I don't know where it sampled it from.

Wow :mu-ziq: Congrats! Yep it's from a Venetian Snares track and I'm quite sure it is Baudelaire. I love these lines. Are you sure that "je l'oublie" is wrong? Is "Je l'oubli"right? Sure, I had seven years French at my school but I am like shit at writing it so...

Weird frequency balance? Not so sure what you mean but I will try to "hear" it later. Thanks a lot for all your feedback and nice that I interested you in my other tracks as well. If you want to comment on these, I'd be very happy as well :emb:

PS: And you're going to go to Leipzig, which is pretty near to Berlin, where I am living and having no friends with which I can share my musical taste. So... you see where I am heading at :music: ?

Very nice drums at the begining of the first one.

Hehe thanks. What do you think of the rest of the track? And of the other two? Since I figured out you're one of the hardcore Clark-fanboys (and I am as well) I'm quite keen on your opinion.

Hah, the beginning of the third one is basicaly the closest thing to Clark I've heard, seriously. That synth, and those drums.. I don't really like where it goes after that though. Same with the other two as someone has already said. Very promising at the begining but don't really go anywhere after that. Imo you should work more on them. There is some really interesting sound design.

Hey again,

Well that verse is trickier than I realised. The fact is it can be interpreted to ways "I am the nomad ... and who waits for the day, and who forget it (it = the day)" and in that case the way you wrote it actually works.

But the way I interpreted the sentence is "I'm the nomad who waits for the day and for the forgetting". In that case "l'oubli" is a noun and has no "e".

But maybe you copied/pasted these verses from somewhere on the internet and there was wrote "l'oublie", so in that case I'm just wrong ^^ the fact is for me, the most obvious meaning is the one I understood.

Anyway, yeah I'm moving to Leipzig during next April or May to build up a recording studio there with some friends so if you want to come visit us you're very welcomed. And I haven't visited Berlin yet so yeah if I go there I can definitely contact you :)

keep digging :wink:

Well that verse is trickier than I realised. The fact is it can be interpreted to ways "I am the nomad ... and who waits for the day, and who forget it (it = the day)" and in that case the way you wrote it actually works.

But the way I interpreted the sentence is "I'm the nomad who waits for the day and for the forgetting". In that case "l'oubli" is a noun and has no "e".

heh funny. actually the first way is the way i always understood it but the second way is a very intersting new perspective on that sentence. linguistics at a idm forum, how idm is that? we should have a thread about logic and speech or something...

• 5 weeks later...

Well... I have made a version of "New Rave" a bit more clean and less compressed. Do you like it more?

And here is some nice very compressed headphone adventure for you guys:

http://soundcloud.com/2kn/fuck-this-up-mr-santa-rough

I would be very happy about your opinions!

And here is some nice very compressed headphone adventure for you guys:

http://soundcloud.com/2kn/fuck-this-up-mr-santa-rough

I would be very happy about your opinions!

I really liked the intro (the first 40 seconds) and I was kinda hoping that it would kick off after that but nothing really happens and the synth that comes in at 1:54 doesn't really add anything. If I was you I would probably delete everything that comes after the first 40 seconds (not the clap/snare though) and then work with what you've got there. Add a fucking sweet and slow bassline and cool effects and make it deep as fuck. I'm sorry if it sounds harsh but I don't think you're using the potential of the killer beat you start out with :)

Wow I really liked the first track, it's got a weird vibe.

Hehe Thanks.

And Squee you're right if I wanted to do a killer track like you described. I also thought the same thing but I decided it was worth to put it out like that cause it's kind of an interesting journey into compression and unrhythmic/rhythmic structures. Maybe I will do a totally different track with the stuff one day.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, check out these two quite experimental and beautiful ambient tracks, I discovered on my hard-drive, dating back to 2009. Make sure you listen to the second part, where a lot of stuff is happening. And remember to use good headphones or a good system although it’s shitty soundcloud quality.

Long Eva And (Part I & Part II):

Would really love some opinions on that and that's quite different music from what I do normally. Done under the influence of a lot of psychedelic stuff going on haha!

• 4 weeks later...

Just a reminder that there is more stuff at my soundcloud page...

Would really love your opinion on that old IDM track from me:

http://soundcloud.com/2kn/ger-ttel-im-karton-old-goody

And there is a snippet of the trashy house sound I'm after these days:

http://soundcloud.com/2kn/mm-cenzored-2-upcoming

Well... just to get it back on page one and hopefully some opinions. Instead of opening a new thread, I guess I will keep this one alive if it doesn't keep people from posting in it.

• 3 months later...

Well, I just give this another bump. I'm always interested in optinions and criticism, so if you have some time, give my page a listen! There are two sets, the old stuff is more IDM-orientated, while the recent stuff is more danceable.

Anyway, me fooling around with a few Samples from James Blake's recent "Love What Happened Here":

[media=]http://soundcloud.com/2kn/james-blake-love-what[/media]

Archived