IGNORED

ki 4

Guest crivella

Guest ansgaria

Oh, look.

there isn't much to say as this is just a synth patch. there's no context, so there's no meaning.

my tip would be to structure these signals by combining them with other signals. which is more commonly called "music".

It's this guy again.

Guest crivella

there isn't much to say as this is just a synth patch. there's no context, so there's no meaning.

my tip would be to structure these signals by combining them with other signals. which is more commonly called "music".

i tried to add more signal, but can't appreciate the refined main sound. if you listen to the track at loud volume you realize that is already complex.

The general feel of the track is great, the patch you used has real prominence and feel, personally i would have expanded on the section 0.55-1.25. There's a real tension and sense of build that counteracts with the boldness of the opening parts, build on that, adding drums underneath and more choral parts/ slowly evolving slow attack strings or pads to correlate with the working of the bass rhythm, I guarantee you it will sound good, but thats just my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

Guest crivella

The general feel of the track is great, the patch you used has real prominence and feel, personally i would have expanded on the section 0.55-1.25. There's a real tension and sense of build that counteracts with the boldness of the opening parts, build on that, adding drums underneath and more choral parts/ slowly evolving slow attack strings or pads to correlate with the working of the bass rhythm, I guarantee you it will sound good, but thats just my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

i'll try to add just a kik line (a mute kik), no snare no hit-hat or other drums.... they would pollute the sound.

slow attack strings is so foregone. drastic attack strings is destabilizing.

all your tips do not evolve the track. they just push it in a conformist way. i'm trying to do something new.

Oh, look.

It's this guy again.

But he's correct.

Oh, look.

It's this guy again.

But he's correct.

no hes not,

music is whatever you want it to be.

you telling me youve never heard a solo piece before - get real!

some of the best music recorded is just a single instrument

if he dosnt want to 'conform' as he puts it, to our preconceived ideas of what music should be, then thats his artistic prerogative

saying that, this is the sort of synth line I love, id write drum parts and white noise pads around it to suit it, keeping it all to a minimum

Oh, look.

It's this guy again.

But he's correct.

no hes not,

if he dosnt want to 'conform' as he puts it, to our preconceived ideas of what music should be, then thats his artistic prerogative

of course some of the best music is just a single instrument. piano is the best example. but what's interesting about solo piano pieces is the information that is communicated via the instrument. what we have here is very poor on a musical level in my opinion: no pitch variation, no polyphony (except for the pad in the background), no dynamics, the list could go on. it's just an algorithm running.

and my preconceived ideas are more interesting than some crappy random patch running LOL!

i tried to add more signal, but can't appreciate the refined main sound. if you listen to the track at loud volume you realize that is already complex.

so your next step is to learn how to get more complex. or how to refine this sound you have now to say something meaningful.

if it is already saying something meaningful in your opinion, my apologies that i do not hear it. what is it that this track is about?

^ what he said basically

There isn't much to say as as your comments. have no honour, no compassion or empathy for another and at their root are self serving and arrogant, so there's no meaning.

My tip would be to structure your words by combining them with sentiments that communicate understanding and curtesy. which is more commonly called "good manners".

Guest crivella

Oh, look.

It's this guy again.

But he's correct.

no hes not,

of course some of the best music is just a single instrument. piano is the best example. but what's interesting about solo piano pieces is the information that is communicated via the instrument. what we have here is very poor on a musical level in my opinion: no pitch variation, no polyphony (except for the pad in the background), no dynamics, the list could go on. it's just an algorithm running.

and my preconceived ideas are more interesting than some crappy random patch running LOL!

to reach that, i did very complex modulationes on the synth. i spent 3 mounth to do it. in a different way, it was a preconceived idea this too.

I REALLY liked it. Great sense of space. Badass sounds.

If you want to make it better/to satisfy the commom watmmer, you should probably add an uninspired 303-acid-like-thing, some crappy sounding samples of analogue drum machines and some warm nostalgic synths in the background that plays the same two chords over and over again. If you did that, I'm sure loads of people on here would be all over it!

:emotawesomepm9:

Guest crivella

I REALLY liked it. Great sense of space. Badass sounds.

If you want to make it better/to satisfy the commom watmmer, you should probably add an uninspired 303-acid-like-thing, some crappy sounding samples of analogue drum machines and some warm nostalgic synths in the background that plays the same two chords over and over again. If you did that, I'm sure loads of people on here would be all over it!

:emotawesomepm9:

you're right.

Guest crivella

just don't add any guitar, for the love of god. guitar does not belong in watmm. only shitty acid basslines and modulated kikbass

so funny...

i know. i don't think enough people got to hear your guitar joke the first time. i'll be tellin that one around the campfire for many moons.

(ok ok, smarmy mode off)

i'm still curious what this track 'ki 4' is about - did you write it with a subject in mind ?

Guest crivella

i know. i don't think enough people got to hear your guitar joke the first time. i'll be tellin that one around the campfire for many moons.

(ok ok, smarmy mode off)

i'm still curious what this track 'ki 4' is about - did you write it with a subject in mind ?

a guy who plays a synth solo creating danceble beautiful electronic music without using kik.

so, not ambient. ambient is pathetic. raster-noton is pathetic and all the label like it. they make ambient and when want to make more danceble stuff they use kik like all.

my track is just one storm. i don't like classic tracks made of different level (bass-kik-string-melodie-etc....), this kind of composition is too traditional too ties to pop-rock paradigma. guys....today there are thousand of electronic music label...but don't you think they are "the same shit different day"?

remember kid-dino: dance will be without kik.

Archived