IGNORED

Pinch does Fabriclive.61

usagi

385476_304283916277030_119657034739720_865905_1716363906_n.jpg

Tracklist

01. Distal - Venom (Part 2)

02. F - Slow Down

03. EQD - Equalized #005B

04. Henry & Louis feat. Prince Green - Love Like (Pinch Remix)

05. Pinch & Shackleton - Rooms Within A Room

06. Deleted Scenes - Natural Law

07. Pinch & Quest - In Dreams

08. Boddika & Joy Orbison - Swims

09. DJ G - Uncertain

10. Roly Porter - Hessra

11. Photek & Pinch - Acid Reign (Pinch's Dubplate Version)

12. Pinch & Loefah - Broken

13. Emika - Double Edge (Pinch Remix)

14. Roska - 480 BC

15. Addison Groove - This Is It VIP

16. Goth Trad - Mach

17. Distance - Blue Meanie

18. Jakes - Get Serious

19. Jakes - A Case Of The Bleeps

20. OM Unit - Pressure

21. Illum Sphere - Promise A Secret

22. Distal - Venom (Part 1)

• 3 weeks later...

Picked this up yesterday, on first listen its rather good.

I think I preferred the first half of the mix which retains quite a lot of 4/4 techy momentum. Towards the end there are some more traditional dubstep elements but nothing too over the top. Will definitely get more plays, and a very impressive "one take vinyl only" mix!

Guest nene multiple assgasms

exact audio copy shows that the cd has an extra long gap before the first track, which usually means a hidden track. I don't have a cd player or drive that can access this type of hidden track, though. does anyone else want to give it a try?

also, goth-trad is awesome. I'm surprised this is the first you've heard of him.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nene multiple assgasms

exact audio copy shows that the cd has an extra long gap before the first track, which usually means a hidden track.

However, despite the nicely chaotic feel the mix has, he approached the finished result with the mind of a producer, putting the whole thing into Logic and adding subtle atmospherics and vocals from MC Jakes: “I pitched them down, added some heavy reverb and some subtle little sounds like phone ringing, just to give the mix more of a completeness, and to give the DJ experience a home listening twist – you can hopefully pick out details, like I put in my own productions, or like Burial might do.” It’s these subtle sounds, which people may not pick out on a first listen that he explains will hopefully give the mix “longevity”. It works nicely, transforming something that could easily have been another enjoyable, but ultimately transient mix into a product that feels finely crafted. Cryptically, he also reveals there is a sonic secret hidden somewhere on the CD version of the mix: “There’s something in there that is inherently unique to the CD, and there’s a little secret in there. That’s all I’m saying”.

recent interview

there's gotta be someone out there with a cd drive that can access this and rip it! come on people!

Archived