IGNORED

Best Goals 2011

chenGOD

Was that really his first touch of the match? I di not know that. Brings a new level of appreciation to the goal.

I get the Neymar one - I don't think I could do it, but I understand how he did it. I'm in full agreement with you on the Bergkamp goal though. I must have seen it about 100 times and still don't get his first touch.

The Neymar one is up there with Bergkamp vs Newcastle where I just still can't get my head around how he does it (and I play quite a lot of football). Magic.

I really liked Stankovic's volley in the CL. His first touch of the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GENPi2lg0OI&feature=related

That was awsome but ..

Agg. Internazionale 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png 3–7 22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Schalke 04

• 2 weeks later...

Shinned it.

Right into the top corner you muppet.

Rooney's goal is about 100 times more athletic than Neymar's.

Disagree. Rooneys is a mix of right place right time and also hes a world class player that has the touch.

Neymar made the goal from nothing, the sight to pick out a path and get there, as well as beating multiple players. Pure class.

Chassis - athleticism and skill are different criteria (in my opinion). Neymar's was skillful - Rooney's was all about athleticism.

not sure if I'm making myself clear.

I also think Rooney's was better because - they actually won, and it's the fucking derby.

Chassis - athleticism and skill are different criteria (in my opinion). Neymar's was skillful - Rooney's was all about athleticism.

not sure if I'm making myself clear.

I also think Rooney's was better because - they actually won, and it's the fucking derby.

i think you're mixing those up. athleticism, at least to me, serious amounts of speed and stamina. Neymars was far more about the lead up, Rooneys was skill.

Naw it takes pure athleticism to leap like rooney does, twist your body and then execute the kick.

Neymar's required skill to get off the sideline, then a burst of speed, then more skill to get past the defender.

Neymar's is agreat goal, I don't want to take anything away from it. I don't rank it up there with Maradona's (but I don't rank the rooney one up there either), because of the context and because of the fact neymar didn't single handedly win the match. But still, great goal.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how he made that one dip, but when he takes freekicks he strikes the ball on the pump-bit. As it's technically the toughest part of the ball it creates crazy curve as the rest of the ball rotates and squirms with the impact. Maybe he hit the same sweet-spot here. I wouldn't put it past players of his quality to be able to kick a very specific part of the ball whilst on the move.

ronaldo-edit-blog1.jpg

It's pretty amazing. I've only done it a couple of times whilst dribbling and it pays off every time.

I don't think he hits the valve when striking, but he gets mad topspin/dip on it, I guess by making contact with just below the middle of the ball.

If you look at it at 19 seconds, you can see it's pretty impossible for him to know that the valve is going to be there, but his contact is very central so it seems to produce some crazy dip. Also there's no side-to-side swerve on it, because he kicks from directly behind the ball (very difficult because he's running across the goal), so i guess when I normally shoot the ball it has a bit of top spin but much more side spin to curl it into the goal, and the side spin probably is greater than the top spin so it doesn't dip. he puts no side spin on it, so the top spin comes into play.

From a set play he probably does hit the valve. Also, Ronaldo has a pretty rubbish set-piece conversion rate in recent years.

but yeah, magic.

C.Ronaldo - 10 points ahead, 27 goals in 22 games .. seriously . fuck messi in the arse.

Also, yeah, this. Messi in any other team wouldn't be as impressive, but Ronaldo could play his game anywhere.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived