IGNORED

I hacked Jeskola Buzz for weird time signatures

Ragnar

download:

http://www.zshare.ne...12674020557bcc/

screen:

http://www.zshare.ne...1267415665e59f/

weird thing is I can make the Step: drop-down box so you can type in a number, but it won't accept that number. So for now I made it so you can select 1, 2, and a bunch of prime numbers to scroll down in increments of

On the new sequence editor move the cursor to the time you want to change the step size and press CTRL-T, a dialogue box will then appear (which I've highlighted in rather garish colours):

buzz.jpg

So in this sequence I've started using the normal step size of 16, then at row 64 I've switched it to a rather off kilter step size of 23. You can have as many step size changes as you want, and at any size.

Err no idea why that would be - not had any issues updating. Maybe the process remained resident when you closed it one time, a simple restart and then update maybe? You don't have to delete buzz every time you update BTW - you can just run the install over the top of the old one and it'll update everyfink.

newbuzz doesn't work on Linux but oldbuzz does almost perfectly somehow

I believe builds post around v.1150 use WPF for graphics to offload the processing demands of the CPU onto the GPU. I don't think Wine supports WPF stuff though ...

wow newbuzz lets me do exactly what I wanted to. Guess I was a little confused about polymeters and how they'd look in a tracker

I always use a high BPM or TPB setting, so polymeter/odd time signatures are easier to do when using the default step setting in old buzz. I just multiply the number of beats per bar by 16 and that's my base pattern length. Now, if only one could change the pattern/sequence editor row highlights to something other than every 4 units..

I always use a high BPM or TPB setting, so polymeter/odd time signatures are easier to do when using the default step setting in old buzz. I just multiply the number of beats per bar by 16 and that's my base pattern length. Now, if only one could change the pattern/sequence editor row highlights to something other than every 4 units..

In Pattern XP (now the default editor in Pattern Editor) you can increase the Rows per Beat setting, which is essentially the resolution of the pattern. The default (and old Buzz) setting is 4 Rows Per Beat, but you can increase this up to 96 Rows Per Beat which is (counts on fingers) 24 times the resolution than before. In your case you'd set it to 64 rows per beat (4 * 16) to get the 16 times resolution without having to increase the TPB.

• 1 month later...

Aye but that was back in 2004 when it was necessary to have such peer hacks, nowadays it's native in the sequence editor to have any kind of step size.

EDIT: forgot you were still using old buzz on linux.

Archived