IGNORED

Each album hints at the next one

Guest Backson

Guest Backson

I have noticed that towards the end of Clark's last few albums he hints at the style of his next album.

Body Riddle ends with an intense distorted percussion rush, the last track on Turning Dragon uses those weird pitch bend synth squeals, and Totems Flare ends with a solo acoustic guitar.

Do you suspect this is intentional (like a little hint for fans), or is it more the fact that Clark likes to explore his ideas over multiple album?

clark.jpg

Guest Backson

Probably because a Clark album sort of sounds like another Clark album.

as a Clark fan you know this is a lie. why even say that? were you just trying to appear witty?

as a Clark fan you know this is a lie. why even say that? were you just trying to appear witty?

Wow, so are you saying that all Clark albums sound different, like completely different?

Guest Backson

Wow, so are you saying that all Clark albums sound different, like completely different?

well, yes.

pretty much.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't doubt it. Lots of artists hint at their next album this way. V-snares comes to mind immediately.

I'm not the biggest clark fan in the world (I mean I'm a huge fan but not quite a fanboy) IE I'm not familiar enough with all his songs to be conclusive.

Archived