IGNORED

Tablet Electronics

zlemflolia

I've been thinking of buying some form of a Tablet

I've considered a rooted Kindle Fire and some other random ones but I don't know if they're really worth it

Does anyone have any experience with tablets and what their favorites are

Guest Franklin

a tablet is really only good at a few things so you should think about what you want out of it.

i have an Asus Transformer (first gen.) with keyboard which I use kinda as a laptop with a touchscreen. it helps collect information from patients really quickly (using keyboard in concert with touchscreen) without lugging around anything heavy or relying on power sources, or needing the trackpad or a mouse. It's also nice to just have ON anytime I like as it takes no time to load up from the sleep mode.

I see a lot of people with tablets that really should have just gone with a light laptop honestly. The latter are faster all around and have much more storage.

I have a Nook Tablet and I love it. I'm thinking about rooting it, but it's fine as is. I can go online and read, which are my two major things. And it has expandable storage. And it's $250. It's a steal IMO.

Guest disparaissant

Yeah, go for a Nook Tablet. You can root em, CM9 is in alpha development for it, and it's basically a Kindle Fire with more memory and an SD card slot. Also, they just dropped the price to $200 even for the 8gb one.

I have a Nook Color, it's basically the same thing with shittier processor and less memory. Love it.

how is the kindle or nook as a b&w pdf reader. getting one would save a lot of money for paper for printing off things at school. but all the files are in pdf form... anyone else deal with these problems.

Guest Al Hounos

how is the kindle or nook as a b&w pdf reader. getting one would save a lot of money for paper for printing off things at school. but all the files are in pdf form... anyone else deal with these problems.

i recently got a nook simple touch. i love it. reading is so painless on it. i can load pdf files from school and read em in my bed instead of on my computer.

however, if the pdfs have a lot of graphics or funny formatting, it won't work very well.

I use first gen iPad to browse the internet in bed before going to sleep, thats about it.

this (reading cracked, watching TED and the yogscast). also, i don't think i've brought a newspaper/magazine etc with me to the bathroom even once since i got my ipad.

Guest SecondaryCell

1st gen iPad here as well (posting from it right now) - when I first got it I found that I was mostly consuming: reading, watching videos, news, weather, etc. Then I grabbed the Animoog synth when it was only 99 cents and began controlling it via midi and the USB "camera kit" from Apple.

However, without a doubt the greatest thing that I have discovered is Nanosynth - http://www.blipinteractive.co.uk - it actually allows you to create full electronic productions on iOS devices. It's deep and offers everything needed: synths, sample player/drumbox, mixer, effects, arrange/editing window, sample import/export to a computer, x/y controllers, and it sounds excellent. Very intuitive and easy to use as well.

I'm surprised to see so many people using non-ipads. In business I've only seen people using ipads. Not kidding. The only kind of tablet. And the number of people is growing fast. There's no meeting without someone making notes on them.

Guest disparaissant

none of us are fancy panst business peoples i dont think

i am a shit poor student

though i guess i do work in an office.

but its an office at a state-run school and none of us have any money lol

Archived