IGNORED

Danish language

Guest Adam

Guest isakk

Are you sure it's that hard? I mean, I've been learning it for about a week and gramatically it seems very similar to English. This helps a lot. The pronunciation is the bitch though, yea.

I'll be studying sound design, hopefully. What is fun here that I'm not sure if I'll be accepted, but if I want to study I need to learn Danish but if I won't be accepted I'm going to waste a lot of time.... I'm willing to risk though.

Sound design as the audio design thing in Aarhus? Or are you going to copenhagen?

None of these, Haderslev. Hopefully. I really hope I'll make it.

Ahh, at sonic college... :) good luck; you could also consider DIEM in Aarhus (Danish Institute for Electro-Acoustic Music) or Tonespace in Esbjerg.

• 1 month later...
Guest Adam

Thanks, if only I knew those earlier, though doesn't make a difference now I guess.

Sooooo, I'm invited to the admission exam together with other top19 applicants. On one hand I'm really happy, on the other I need to learn to have a 'normal' conversation in Danish in two weeks. Any suggestions? Is that even possible, I know the basics, and quite a bit of grammar but still can't understand people talking or even separate words

Even though it's now discontinued, Rosetta Stone is excellent for learning pronunciation (helped loads with my Spanish) - you might be able to find an old version of the Danish package online, probably pretty cheap too (or, depending on your moral leanings, very cheap).

I never realized Danish was so difficult - I'd think something like Chinese would be much harder to grasp.

Guest Adam

Cheers Joyrex, I'm really liking this Rosetta Stone thing.

Danish doesn't seem hard to me, very very similar to English just with simpler grammar.

Even though it's now discontinued, Rosetta Stone is excellent for learning pronunciation (helped loads with my Spanish) - you might be able to find an old version of the Danish package online, probably pretty cheap too (or, depending on your moral leanings, very cheap).

I never realized Danish was so difficult - I'd think something like Chinese would be much harder to grasp.

Rosetta Stone is discontinued? Because I saw at least 72901 advertisements for Rosetta Stone over the last 3 days.

Guest Adam

what is with the spelling of the word "rød", you don't spell a single letter from it. I'm going to learn how to beatbox faster than how to spell it.

Rosetta Stone is discontinued? Because I saw at least 72901 advertisements for Rosetta Stone over the last 3 days.

Just the Danish language pack - I guess it got too expensive to include a potato in each box :lol:

Archived