IGNORED

Places of interest in Cornwall

ilt17

Guest Kenneth172

Im going to cornwall in july, walking a section of the coastal path with my girlfriend, dog and tent for a week. Cant wait! Will hopefully come across a few of these places.

And Yes, cornish ale is indeed glorious.

man that sounds really good. that's my idea of a holiday. (no sarcasm) :)

i would live in a tent and just walk coastlines forever if i could. and the colder, windier and rainier, the better. serious.

Nothing like waking up on a morning to find your pots and pans floating around in the tent after a night long torrential downpour. Isn't camping in Britain great? :wacko:

By the magic of Google streetview I can actually visit these places (sort of).

Gwennap Pit

You can also watch this magnificent video featuring RDJ & Vibert themselves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iMxIEfmCzI&feature=relmfu

(at around 2:10)

Gwennap Pit looks amazing! I'm surprised is doesn't flood with rain water or some such... Also, that video is great; thanks for posting!

Gwenap Pit is awesome, nice old couple run it and they'll sort you a cup of tea and biscuits.

If you walk the rings up and down it's an exact mile, and you can get a certificate. Probably aimed more at kids - But that didn't stop me getting mine.

its certainly been fucking cold and wet this week. Proper english Summer! Got tons of photos to sift through though. Visited some awesome pubs, body is knackered from all the hills and cliffs we have climbed. Loved it.

Guest sirch

Im going to cornwall in july, walking a section of the coastal path with my girlfriend, dog and tent for a week. Cant wait! Will hopefully come across a few of these places.

i would live in a tent and just walk coastlines forever if i could. and the colder, windier and rainier, the better. serious.

Nothing like waking up on a morning to find your pots and pans floating around in the tent after a night long torrential downpour. Isn't camping in Britain great? :wacko:

haha. well yeah "torrential" rain would be a bit of a nightmare!

if it gets too bad though you can always sleep in the car/van.

i love being bombarded by the elements, though, me.

just get a proper decent tent and ground mats, etc. and all should be fine.

apart from the noise of the rain of course. :)

its certainly been fucking cold and wet this week. Proper english Summer! Got tons of photos to sift through though. Visited some awesome pubs, body is knackered from all the hills and cliffs we have climbed. Loved it.

nice one feltch!

Guest Kenneth172

haha. well yeah "torrential" rain would be a bit of a nightmare!

if it gets too bad though you can always sleep in the car/van.

i love being bombarded by the elements, though, me.

just get a proper decent tent and ground mats, etc. and all should be fine.

apart from the noise of the rain of course. :)

nice one feltch!

I once spent the night in a bivvy bag in the Lakes. I woke up half way down a mountain. It had rained that night making the grass underfoot as smooth as a ski slope. Great British weather. :boc:

Archived