IGNORED

Places of interest in Cornwall

ilt17

As planning a small trip in UK next summer with gf in Cornwall would anybody have more info about the content of that info sheet coming with AB3, or even scan ? To visit one or two place for the laugh

Thanks in advance

Cornwall is a shithole, i don't know what you expect to find there, lol. If you are lucky enough you may catch a glimpse of Richard buying toilet paper at the local store.

Cornwall is a shithole, i don't know what you expect to find there, lol. If you are lucky enough you may catch a glimpse of Richard buying toilet paper at the local store.

I'll bring you pictures back.. ;)

I stayed in Looe last summer for about 2 weeks (next to London, Bath, etc.). Great people, great place, too many f'in seagulls. I tried to go to St. Michael's Mount but unfortunately it was too far off our route. I did went to the Bodmin Moor and saw the Logan Rock as a true fanboy. I also went to the Bodmin jail, their logo must have inspired the Rephlex gang:

bodmin-jail-built-1779.jpg

All those places on that Rephlex list are not very special, you have those quarry's all through the northcoast of Cornwall. Gwennap Pit also isn't really worth it travelling all the way to Redruth. When I asked people about Redruth, everybody said the same: "Cornwall/Redruth is a shithole/dumpster, i don't know what you expect to find there, lol". All in all it was a pretty cool place for a vacation. I fucking loved the Cornish pasties, ha.

Do you already have some places you're going to visit in Cornwall?

eat a pasty in the middle of a standing stone circle. grants +2 to all attributes for the rest of the day.

Check. :mu-ziq:

Sign up for the Hunt for The Beast of Bodmin Moor. This can be done by ordering a Tribute for the man sitting in the dark corner of the the Jamaica Inn, near the hearth.

Ha, I've also been to the Jamaica Inn. But hunting for the beast of bodmin moor in my case went the other way around.

Untitled-1.jpg

Sorry you need to see that.

Oh as we won't do it long there (we'll cross the south of uk from dover to redruth), I'd like to go on porthtowan beach to take that famous cover myself for fun, cross Redruth & Lanner once, then visit Dartmoor as it looks ace

Would maybe try bodmin & logan rock too, thanks for the tip!

edit : couldn't open mokz' file, am i the only one ?

Oh as we won't do it long there (we'll cross the south of uk from dover to redruth), I'd like to go on porthtowan beach to take that famous cover myself for fun, cross Redruth & Lanner once, then visit Dartmoor as it looks ace

Would maybe try bodmin & logan rock too, thanks for the tip!

edit : couldn't open mokz' file, am i the only one ?

Yeah, Bodmin moor was beautiful!

Forgot about the rephlex list:

Places of interest in Cornwall:

Gwennap Pit: This is an absolutely extraordinary location, renowned all over the Lanner area for its fabulous acoustics. It's also a great place for a swift game of tig.

The King Harry Ferry: Enjoy a cream tea before travelling over to the beauties of the Roseland Peninsula. In the summer 'The Methane Princess' comes inland to greet the season's holiday-makers.

Porthoustock Quarry: The deserted home of the fabelled pirate, Martin Trezidder. Some say that his screams can still be heard on the cliffs at full moon.

Hells Mouth: A bit frightening this one! Watch your step around this flabbergasting landmark as you might fall foul to a 520ft sheer drop to the hungry sea.

Chapel Porth: Both DaVinci and Rembrandt are said to have stayed here; it is indeed an awe-inspiring environment, suitable for budding artists of all ages. Alternatively, one can enjoy a famous 'croque-monsieur' after a day's climbing.

Last but by no means least, the maze at Mawnan-Smith - This used to a place where only the most debonair gentleman could venture but sadly the area has now been overrun by youngsters who meddle in hallucinogenic drugs.

Enjoy many other splendid attractions in the South West - but remember to take your litter home with you and keep close to the hedge when crossing the meadows.

Guest cult fiction

eat a pasty in the middle of a standing stone circle. grants +2 to all attributes for the rest of the day.

This gave me one of those mild reality doubting coincidence fallacy moments - I just put up a track called Stone Circle yesterday and hadn't heard anybody talk about them in ages.

Anyway, somebody was kind enough to pull all the Aphex places in google maps into a nice list here: http://forum.watmm.com/topic/55129-geographical-mapping-of-track-titles/

Guest rinzence

If you've got a car go and check out Bedruthan steps, Rinsey Beach, go to Philps Pasties in Hayle, GWithian, Godrevy etc etc etc.

Im going to cornwall in july, walking a section of the coastal path with my girlfriend, dog and tent for a week. Cant wait! Will hopefully come across a few of these places.

And Yes, cornish ale is indeed glorious.

I love Cornwall, been there a few times. Although I do remember a taxi driver telling me that Penzance was a bit dodgy thanks to a number of displaced council estate Scousers being relocated there. I have the sheet from the original AB3 but the scan here is better than anything I could post.

If you're actually from Norfolk I hope you're being staggeringly sarcastic here.

• 2 months later...
Guest texan whip

don't bother with plen and gwarry - i found it to be fairly plain and gwarry to be honest.

Im going to cornwall in july, walking a section of the coastal path with my girlfriend, dog and tent for a week. Cant wait!

Should be ace. My memories of the Cornish coastline have stayed with me since I last went there (which was over 10 years ago), and I was raised on the Devon coast so it must've been good.

Guest sirch

don't listen to this bumbrain goongumpus. Cornwall is lovely. be sure to visit 1of the KFC's. they're great. and the beach is ok, too.

Guest sirch

Im going to cornwall in july, walking a section of the coastal path with my girlfriend, dog and tent for a week. Cant wait! Will hopefully come across a few of these places.

And Yes, cornish ale is indeed glorious.

man that sounds really good. that's my idea of a holiday. (no sarcasm) :)

i would live in a tent and just walk coastlines forever if i could. and the colder, windier and rainier, the better. serious.

Archived