IGNORED

Aoki Takamasa

markedone

I've really been feeling aoki takamasa lately. If you haven't heard him, do check it out! My recommendation to start (as far as his solo work) would be the album Fractalized (a 2010 remix compilation) and then either Parabolica or Simply Funk (2 excellent LP's).

A must-get is his collaboration work with Tujiko Noriko, they work so well together.

This is one of my favorite tracks off his solo albums:

This ambient live performance is excellent. The subtle lighting really suits it

A must-get is his collaboration work with Tujiko Noriko, they work so well together.

This is the only album of his I've heard but I love it. I always meant to look into his solo stuff but never got around to it.

[youtubehd]JaRTCzqsa5Q[/youtubehd]

One of my favorite tracks with her vocals is "27th" off Parabolica, which came a year after the collabo album. Her vocals are subtly mixed.

The 'hai' vocal at 1:07 where the rest of the beat drops off is such a perfect moment

He got too pop for my tastes. I think Silicom 2 was his crown jewel.

i'll check this album out, havent heard it. But as for going 'pop', I dig his more groovy stuff which you might be talking about. The track 'Dancing Queen' is a great one that gets my head nodding.. but its still quite clicky and harsh. Hardly a mainstream cup 'o tea

• 2 weeks later...

Simply Funk, Parabolica and his most recent stuffs are far superior to his Silicom era tunes. His most dancefloor oriented works are amazing. Some amazing house influenced beats, damn groovy yet complex stuffs.

A stunning , deeper, paradoxically beat driven ambient piece :

I also love when he goes pop :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3NAgrKql6c

Indigo Rose is pretty nice as well :

He has few acoustic guitar songs on a old collaborative almost he did almost 10 years ago, which are quite nice actually. The record's called "Come and Play in Our Backyard".

Archived