IGNORED

kids these days

Guest uptown devil

Guest Xenblake

christ i just noticed there's now nearly half a million dollars for her!

what a batshit crazy world we live in!

couple of the kids have issued apologies after they (and their families) receive thousands of death threats.

http://www.telegraph...h-threats.html#

Lol. how fucking ridiculous and overblown can you get.

Internet these days

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rambo

i just read a fascinating book on phsycopaths, claiming that around 1 percent of the population quite simply have a broken brain, meaning they simply cannot emotionally empathise with other human beings, and there is absolutely no cure for it. it was quite chilling actually. these kids seem to fit the bill.

There was a scary post on reddit where someone asked the question: if you were offered 10 million dollars to push a button that would kill a random person in a 3rd world country would you do it? You would never meet the person or find out who died.There was a really surprising number of people who said yes. It was genuinely one of the most depressing things i've seen in ages.

i just read a fascinating book on phsycopaths, claiming that around 1 percent of the population quite simply have a broken brain, meaning they simply cannot emotionally empathise with other human beings, and there is absolutely no cure for it. it was quite chilling actually. these kids seem to fit the bill.

There was a scary post on reddit where someone asked the question: if you were offered 10 million dollars to push a button that would kill a random person in a 3rd world country would you do it? You would never meet the person or find out who died.There was a really surprising number of people who said yes. It was genuinely one of the most depressing things i've seen in ages.

220px-Thebox2009posterteaser.jpg

if the button killed a random politician then maybe i'd reconsider...

oh, and a solution for these brats:

clockwork_big.jpg

Forget 10 million, $70,000 USD a year should do it

url47.jpg

vqYuG.gif

I was about to make a drone joke but I couldn't think of one I thought was witty enough. Thanks XXX, that's why I leave it to the pros.

(why is everything I write highlighted? It seems to happen only when I copy paste, and I copy paste my posts so that I don't lose them.)

I think everything about this situation sucks. Those kids need an ass beating, but they don't need thousands (or maybe even hundreds of thousands) of death threats. You really think that that will help them be less of jackasses? It'll probably do the opposite of helping, frankly. Those kids are complete dicks, and I also wouldn't be surprised if they had decent lives at home, but their lives are going to suck after this. Some of them were probably just victims of groupthink and a jackass friend. They're still people, after all. And I don't even know if the 15 minutes of fame and three quater million dollars is going to help that woman.

When I was in Scotland for 4th grade (p5), kids made fun of me all the time. I was at one point in a circle of 4 to 8 kids singing the can can and kicking me (not that hard, but still). I mean I was the kind of kid that would get made fun of, but it still sucked. I was also made fun of in public school frequently in the states for the 5th and 6th grade, and even a bit in 7th grade after I moved to Taiwan. Those years contributed a lot to many emotional problems in my life, problems that I still have. A ton of kids were jackasses to me, sometimes very much so. But they are still people. Many of them had fine home lives, but I do know that one kid in particular who at one point started to fight me and got me in a headlock with everyone else yelling "fight, fight, fight!" had a really bad home life, very likely with alcoholic parents. Wouldn't be surprised if they beat him. And I hope that those kids improved and have great lives now. I doubt that they were all that mean either; the power of groupthink is incredible.

ive never met a child in my life that cruel.

brah you need to get yo ass in tha hood, kids like this be everwhurrr

“I would like them to be at least kept off the bus for a year and be forbidden to play any sports at least for a year. Somebody mentioned community service and I thought that was a pretty good idea too.”

Mrs Klein said that deep down the children were “not bad kids” and suggested they were trying to impress one another.

After the abuse went viral, one of the boys, Josh, issued a statement. He said: “I am so sorry for the way I treated you. When I saw the video I was disgusted and could not believe I did that. I am sorry for being so mean and I will never treat anyone this way again.”

Wesley also apologised, saying: “I feel really bad about what I did. I wish I had never done those things. If that had happened to someone in my family, like my mother or grandmother, I would be really mad at the people who did that to them.”

Greece Middle School said the boys would be disciplined to the “fullest extent possible”.

Guest Ricky Downtown

I mean I was the kind of kid that would get made fun of, but it still sucked. I was also made fun of in public school frequently in the states for the 5th and 6th grade, and even a bit in 7th grade after I moved to Taiwan. Those years contributed a lot to many emotional problems in my life, problems that I still have. A ton of kids were jackasses to me, sometimes very much so. But they are still people.

wow, couldnt have written it better! i feel the same way/had the same experiences. just have to remember that children are essentially psychopaths and they didn't really understand what they were doing, also they were probably just trying to fit in or deal with problems they were having at home.

I mean I was the kind of kid that would get made fun of, but it still sucked. I was also made fun of in public school frequently in the states for the 5th and 6th grade, and even a bit in 7th grade after I moved to Taiwan. Those years contributed a lot to many emotional problems in my life, problems that I still have. A ton of kids were jackasses to me, sometimes very much so. But they are still people.

wow, couldnt have written it better! i feel the same way/had the same experiences. just have to remember that children are essentially psychopaths and they didn't really understand what they were doing, also they were probably just trying to fit in or deal with problems they were having at home.

children are not essentially psychopaths. wtf are you talking about.

Archived