IGNORED

EPL 2012-2013

YO303

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ron Manager

The sooner football moves to a stopclock like most other team sports the better.

Nah I don't agree with that - it invites other stoppages, possibility of adverts, breaks, time outs, and all that rubbish that makes being able to watch a continuous 45 minutes of sport very satisfying IMO. But there does need to be more consistency among refs when it comes to adding time, and particularly adding time during added time - e.g. when a team makes a substitution and it takes their subbed player a minute to dawdle off the patch. Some refs are happy to add time, others don't seem to...

Either way, just to say Fergie's comments are a bit rich is a fucking huge understatement. He just comes across as such a sore loser sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ron Manager

Surprised there's no chat yet about the weekend's games.

Chelsea were unlucky IMO. A terrible refereeing performance. How Torres was sent off but Mikel wasn't is a bit baffling. Chelsea look strong, I think they may win the league this year.

Football is getting more ridiculous and unreal, referee accused of racially abusing players what the fuck is this sport turning into lol.

Suarez celebration was funny but it also adds to the ridiculousness of it all, im freaking out.

It's kinda exagerated the witchhunting on racism in England!

It's all bullshit, its not like people are trowing bananas or doing monkey chants, its just been a couple of questionable incidents. I guess it gives the tabloids something to write about and people like Jason Roberts something to do other than being shit at football.

Guest Ron Manager

lol. agreed that it's getting out of hand... who knows, maybe the assistant refs are going to come forward and say that Clattenburg really was being a massive racist, but I somehow doubt he's that dumb. And if the accusation is that he swore at the players... get the fuck out, players swear all the time at refs.

Guest drukqs11

Btw i watched the highlights of Chelsea - Man United, and that referee had a red t-shirt below his oficial one:

He had no problem seeing Ivanovic making that foul on Young (correct in my opinion) and sent him off (correct again imo).

But afterwards he couldn't see Evans (i think it was him) making a foul on Torres (would have been yellow this time not red IMO) and even considered it a simulation: he had an yellow and got another one and sent off.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only football interested here on watmm that gets tired of watching football every once in a while, and then have to take a break from it?

I've missed some what I normally consider important games, these last couple of months. Like Arsenal just beat Spurs 5-2, and I couldn't care less.

I think that sometimes happens at this stage of the season. It's also why I quite like the monotony of following Southend. Most of our games are Tuesday and Saturday 3pm, and so my football supporting is fairly routine and easy to put into 2x 2hr blocks during the week.

If I was a big PL fan or supported a PL team then you have so much more going on, with games all over the place and Europe etc. It just gets a bit too much. Yes I tend to try and watch a few of the MOTD matches and I'll watch the big Europe games if I'm not busy but we've got into a situation (especially with sky) where football is being shoved down your throat every day except Thursdays (Europa Cup lol)... and it's draining.

Yeah.. It's quite draining with all the football being played all the time. There's literary a match on television everyday of the week now it seems. I remember when I was younger, and didn't have cable/internet, the only way I could watch a football match, was by going to the stadium, watch the highlights, or maybe if I where lucky, I could watch a big match at friends or familly. It was way more exciting back then for some reason.

Also the thing about football is.. There are way more boring matches, than there's entertaining matches. Sometimes there will be this one match that will make it all worth it though.

To be honest, I like reading news about football, more than watching matches at the moment. But it's probably just temporary. Like I said, I just need a break from it from time to time.

But I still love going to live matches, I'll probably never get tired of that.

Archived