IGNORED

depression

anonymstol

• 7 months later...
On 1/2/2015 at 1:44 PM, MadameChaos said:

bupropion looks interesting

switching from venlafaxine to b rn. was taking the v for the better of 3 years and was actually quite content with its effects, but after some long intimacy hiatus i noticed my libido had become practically nonexistant.

dunno.

had a few days like on amphetamines but coming down quick and hard rn. statelessness.

anyone experiences when shit's gonna stabilize if ever.

also, how are you?

On 8/17/2023 at 11:46 AM, MadameChaos said:

I'm pretty sure I'm finally no longer depressed, I feel like I'm living in a totally different reality.

very glad to read it!

just came back home from ER, withdrawal symptons had become so bad i had super intense brain zaps all the way out to my extremities in a frequency of seconds, couldn't even walk for several hours, docs asked me if i had a history of epilepsy upon seeing me twitching away... handeled the 75mg steps before that rather well all things considered, but this last one to zero... sheesh.

cautionary tale for anyone considering SS/SNRIs i guess.

25 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

very glad to read it!

just came back home from ER, withdrawal symptons had become so bad i had super intense brain zaps all the way out to my extremities in a frequency of seconds, couldn't even walk for several hours, docs asked me if i had a history of epilepsy upon seeing me twitching away... handeled the 75mg steps before that rather well all things considered, but this last one to zero... sheesh.

cautionary tale for anyone considering SS/SNRIs i guess.

Damn, that sounds rough. All the best for coming coming off venlafaxine. I took myself off it last year after being on them for a few years. Even putting what felt like a solid plan of withdrawal together, it made for a weird few months. 

Those brain zaps man. To me it felt like my consciousness was switched off and on rapidly.

Hope you feel better soon. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Scaramouche said:

To me it felt like my consciousness was switched off and on rapidly.

yeah, that describes it pretty well.

thanks alot, will have to go back to 75mg and steadily reduce from there, guess i'll open the extended-releases capsules and fill em back up accordingly. all the more reason to switch rly, read it's far easier to come off bupropion and naturally i hope i'll be able get off meds completely some day.

• Like 1