IGNORED

Lightning Bolt - Oblivion Hunter

J3FF3R00

New Lightning Bolt LP – Oblivion Hunter

Out September 25th, 2012. LP only with worldwide digital.

http://loadrecords.c...blivion-hunter/

load142_lp.jpg

1. King Candy

2. Baron Wasteland

3. Oblivion Balloon

4. Fly Fucker Fly

5. The Soft Spoken Spectre

6. Salamander

7. World Wobbly Wide

KING CANDY

http://soundcloud.com/load-records/lightning-bolt-king-candy

:ohmy:

• 1 month later...

Bump.

At their LA show, a few weeks back, I picked up the tour LP of this. It's the same thing, just with colored vinyl and a hand-silkscreened cover.

After listening to it, I have to say, don't get your expectations too high.

It's literally just demos of them rocking out in their practice space. It is very rough, especially in sound quality.

I'm glad I bought the tour LP for the collectable artwork factor, but I would only recommend this release to die-hard fans.

I'm surprised there there hasn't been any excitement by other forum members surrounding this, as Lightning Bolt are fucking rad. Arguably all their releases have been recordings of them rocking out in their jam space though... I'm curious to hear what an even rougher Lightning Bolt recording would sound like.

Bump.

At their LA show, a few weeks back, I picked up the tour LP of this. It's the same thing, just with colored vinyl and a hand-silkscreened cover.

It's literally just demos of them rocking out in their practice space. It is very rough, especially in sound quality.

I'm glad I bought the tour LP for the collectable artwork factor, but I would only recommend this release to die-hard fans.

I'm surprised there there hasn't been any excitement by other forum members surrounding this, as Lightning Bolt are fucking rad. Arguably all their releases have been recordings of them rocking out in their jam space though... I'm curious to hear what an even rougher Lightning Bolt recording would sound like.

Curious as well, as I always imagined that's pretty much what Lightning Bolt albums are, but as a big Lightning Bolt fan I will look into this either way.

Bump.

Curious as well, as I always imagined that's pretty much what Lightning Bolt albums are, but as a big Lightning Bolt fan I will look into this either way.

This one is NOTICABLY of lesser recording quality. There is also a lot more repetition in the arrangements, as if they were just jamming out riffs. I find their proper albums to be really well arranged, executed and recorded.

Archived