IGNORED

Npoess - Escape Velocity

Npoess

lol some parts reminded me of a shot of a spy or something walking trough the streets with a briefcase and yeah it's difficult to explain. the song in itself is rather boring actually (imo), but you definitely put a lot of effort into it so it's overall pretty good.

Really nice and hypnotic. Only real criticism is that snare at the beginning doesn't blend well at all with the other stuff, it sounds very boiler plate and pre-fab where the other stuff feels customized and unique.

Also, I think if you cut the trebly gated reverb pulse thing when it comes in the second time and left some room in the mids and highs, you could find some other cool things to do against that phaser synth and nice big kick.

I like where this is going, I would love to hear more!

Has a very distinct sound to it. I think I would have liked to hear some pad melody over top in parts. Maybe not like a typical synth-string section pad, but something more fitting to the unique sound palette of the beat. Like, i dunno, maybe a melodic equivalent of an airplane passing overhead or that droney sound you get when you're near a freeway & there's a bunch of cars echoing off in the distance

Guest active galaxies

Pretty good stuff.

I think you need a new melody line or something different coming into the mix when you bring the drums back in at ~1:34. Coupled with some variations in your rhythm programming you could develop this in really interesting 4-5 minute track.

Archived