IGNORED

Pear Acid test

Ragnar

Guest Waxlimbs

That was interesting! Very meticulous work with the drums.

I wish there was a melodic development of some kind, but I can see that wasn't the focus.

Cool stuff!

Guest active galaxies

It's OK, you're obviously going for an abstract feel, so it's obviously going to lack a conventional groove. Personally the drums sounds all feel too clean for my taste, some intelligently applied fx could be useful in developing this further.

I'd ditch (or completely rethink) the two-note piano lines, which irritate after a while and detract from the whole, (for me anyway).

I can see what you're trying to with this stuff, but to me this seems very unfinished. Or maybe empty is a better word.

The two-note piano line, as bezhin said, gets pretty boring near the end, and you don't really introduce any new elements throughout the track. It does bring some kind of structure to the track though, which your older stuff lacks, so it's not all bad.

Also, I always quite liked music with random sounding drums, but in this track the sounds themselves are too basic and doesn't really work with this kind of music. It's really technical and cold, so the analogue drum machine samples sticks out like a sore thumb.

It'd be nice to hear this whole random/abstract thing you've got going used for something a little more... finished sounding.

Maybe I'm being too harsh. Am I being too harsh?

the drums patterns are actually really interesting. you could turn this into a phoenecia-ish track (they always have really unpredictable programming) if you replace the drum sounds with percussive squelchy noises, add some ominous bass rumbles, and expand the vocabulary of your ambiahnce

I quite dig the drum chaos but the two note melody does get bothersome right quick. You know I think this is the kind of track that would be more effective live, with a drummer totally going mad on his kit while a piano player keeps playing those same two notes, but changing the emphasis & pacing in a way that fits the groove. All recorded in a warehouse somewhere

I actually much prefer first version, piano is nice, has meditative quality to it and it keeps the drum flow together . I think second version loses all that...that compression is unnecessary, at least after reverb....in first version drums are unintrusive while being so wild, you should keep that mood. Overall, very good potential, just don`t loose focus on the good stuff that`s already there when adding more.

Keep building and layering and building and layering man! This has some really nice ideas in it but I agree that it sounds a bit empty at the moment. I really like the use of the two piano notes but I wouldn´t mind if you layered some more piano notes gradually ontop to create some complex melody in it that you don´t realise at first but it graduallly becomes one, if you get what i mean.

I really like the off-beat, or at least strange alternating time signature feel to it. And yes, I think what you´ve done with the percussion in the alternating velocities etc is amazing. Sounds really great.

Good luck with the rest of it! (I´m assuming it´s unfinished?)

Archived