IGNORED

Derren Brown's 'Apocalypse'

LimpyLoo

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if someone watches this and it makes them feel good about themselves and they get some satisfaction out of the stuff that's done to this guy.. i think they kind of need to wake up and appreciate shit. if derren brownn has to make a programme for money by exploiting a result of bad parenting, that's a bit weird..

also, the main trick derren brown does is making you believe tv shit is real..

AND I WISH SOMEONE WOULD DO THIS TO ME

i'm just going to hug you and kiss you on the nape

if someone watches this and it makes them feel good about themselves and they get some satisfaction out of the stuff that's done to this guy.. i think they kind of need to wake up and appreciate shit. if derren brownn has to make a programme for money by exploiting a result of bad parenting, that's a bit weird..

What are you talking about?

This was probably the greatest thing that ever happened to this guy.

Opened his eyes to how beautiful and fragile and fleeting life really is.

What are you talking about?

This was probably the greatest thing that ever happened to this guy.

Opened his eyes to how beautiful and fragile and fleeting life really is.

you've been brain washed by derren brown

not that that is a really serious thing that matters..

I want to believe so hard that he is truly experiencing this whole thing but it is very difficult to hold back my scepticism. He has the air of an actor, somehow. But if it is his real reaction than this is very fascinating. Kind of like a whole new sadistic level of getting punk'd, really.

also it looks like derren brown is jacking it while he watches, what a weird-o

Guest RadarJammer

American television has been pulling these fake reality scam shows on us quite vigorously over the past 15 years and people have been in on the trick for most of that time. Is this like a new thing over in the UK that ya'll haven't figured out yet?

nah but this is just something that uses the people believing what people on the tv tell them thing

what? are you insecure about america?

He really is an abhorrently uninquisitive person. Just quietly accepting all this ridiculous shit, I haven't seen him ask a question or even try to make eye contact with the actors, that seems really weird.

So I got further in, when Brown "hypnotizes" him by waving a hand over his face.

C'mon guys, the whole thing is completely fake. Do you actually believe in hypnosis like this?

Suckas.

Do some research.

Ah yes, "research." Apparently some people believe this is called a "snap induction."

Yeah. Look, I'll believe it when it's done to me. Till then...

Apart from the dodgy insta-hypnosis, the ridiculously high production values of the "stunt" are another good indication it's staged. Highly doubtful they would risk that much money if there was the possibility he'd go off script.

I still call major bollocks.

Archived