IGNORED

Derren Brown's 'Apocalypse'

LimpyLoo

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah that's probably where all the money went, on doing it 100 times! til they got one bloke who fell for it and didn't burst out laughing (or freak the fuck out). maybe they went in hard the first few times and there's a bunch of people in a psych ward as we speak... lol

yeah that's probably where all the money went, on doing it 100 times! til they got one bloke who fell for it and didn't burst out laughing (or freak the fuck out). maybe they went in hard the first few times and there's a bunch of people in a psych ward as we speak... lol

I think you are lacking some Theory of Mind in your assessment.

If every media source you checked on your phone and your laptop and your radio (not to mention your friends and family and some random people you encountered) was telling you there was gonna be a meteor or asteroid shower or whatever, are you saying you could just see right through that, Matrix-style?

They went to insanely thorough and elaborate lengths to convince this guy.

I think you have the advantage of seeing things from above, with "perfect information" as they say. Like watching poker on tv and being able to see the player's cards and saying things like "It's so obvious he's bluffing, I would call in that spot instantly."

Now admittedly a zombie apocalypse is, you know, hard to digest. But they didn't try to convince him of a zombie apocalypse all at once. They fed him this new reality incrementally, in tiny managable bits.

fucking lol, its fake dont u know. he cant really read peoples minds and has psychic powers dont u know hes not REALLY ACTUALLY MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol morons

e: he didnt REALLY predict the lottery cus then he would have bouhthg a ticket init ? god lol u poplee think hes real ??? pffffffffffft everyone thinks that this guy is so impressive but hes not !

fucking lol, its fake dont u know. he cant really read peoples minds and has psychic powers dont u know hes not REALLY ACTUALLY MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol morons

e: he didnt REALLY predict the lottery cus then he would have bouhthg a ticket init ? god lol u poplee think hes real ???

Don't you know he's never claimed to read people's minds. He's spent half his career debunking psychics.

Moron. LOL

lol i know bro i was doing an impression of people who are dicks about it, im a big fan of db i love when people tut and are like "well thats not really REAL" as if omg an illusionist fucking doing a magic trick fuck me!

and lol at the russian roulette "he fake it he wasnt REALLLLY going to shoot himself in the head" nice 1 u win the prize of course hes not gonna do that its a fuckin magic trick jesus christ

If every media source you checked on your phone and your laptop and your radio (not to mention your friends and family and some random people you encountered) was telling you there was gonna be a meteor or asteroid shower or whatever, are you saying you could just see right through that, Matrix-style?

They went to insanely thorough and elaborate lengths to convince this guy.

oh yeah. forgot about that bit, the news feeds. but still, it was a lame 'show'.

and once it was kicking off I would've thought, wait, this doesn't seem right... this is bullshit, where are the cameras, who's this girl.. she said she was looking for her mum on the 'wonderwall', but then when I found mine she didn't carry on looking for hers... she seems to be more interested in me.. what, she's like 12.. wtf. this is wack.

I didn't watch the whole thing but what's the point of this? The way this is edited together and shot makes it feel less authentic than if they would have gone a cheaper route (more hidden camera footage) and also provided us with context of how this guy acts on an average day. With the higher budget camera production and rapid editing it just feels more like a joke rather than an examination of how this dude changes.

I didn't watch the whole thing but what's the point of this? The way this is edited together and shot makes it feel less authentic than if they would have gone a cheaper route (more hidden camera footage) and also provided us with context of how this guy acts on an average day. With the higher budget camera production and rapid editing it just feels more like a joke rather than an examination of how this dude changes.

It was all hidden camera footage.

What, did you think there was a camera crew following him around or something?

lol i know bro i was doing an impression of people who are dicks about it, im a big fan of db i love when people tut and are like "well thats not really REAL" as if omg an illusionist fucking doing a magic trick fuck me!

and lol at the russian roulette "he fake it he wasnt REALLLLY going to shoot himself in the head" nice 1 u win the prize of course hes not gonna do that its a fuckin magic trick jesus christ

the only magic involved with this stuff though is editing. anyone can do this... magic tricks involve an audience and performed real time so it can't be as simple as editing shots together or hiring actors... its an interesting premise though, but as I said they over-dramatized it when they could have done this alot cheaper and cooler

the only magic involved with this stuff though is editing. anyone can do this... magic tricks involve an audience and performed real time so it can't be as simple as editing shots together or hiring actors... its an interesting premise though, but as I said they over-dramatized it when they could have done this alot cheaper and cooler

Anyone can do this?

You think this is easier than a magic trick? You mean like a card trick or sawing a girl in half?

That's just silly.

It was all hidden camera footage.

What, did you think there was a camera crew following him around or something?

Longer shots, less narration, and during the atstroid stuff there were camera crew on the bus and outside trying to show off how crazy it was... most important part of this though was just the dudes perspective... close ups of people dragging bodies is just too much when we know what is really going on. the most interesting parts was his facial reactions which seemed real at times but also a bit staged, especially the waking up part. why not yell out "hello" and how did they put him to sleep lol? they should have just drugged him so he'd pass out, I don't fall for all this whisper in the ear sleep hypnotic stuff personally, could be legit tho. but if you are trying to prove a point with near life death experiences might as well go with a more accepted route that will work positively.

Anyone can do this?

You think this is easier than a magic trick? You mean like a card trick or sawing a girl in half?

That's just silly.

I'd rather see magic tricks like that in real-time then some film production with cheesy delivery. Doesn't matter if it's easier or harder. Magic is just about something that you can't figure out. If this is real then its an interesting premise with good execution but only decent filmmaking. If it's fake then this is pretty lame because it then lacks substance and it's also not very entertaining... most of all though the production style makes it feel less authentic. The frustrating part of that is it makes me think it is fake. And because I can't really know since its possible to fake this, it loses its wonder.

i aint actually seen apocalypse but i do much prefer db's live stuff to the specials where he turns 1 lucky persons life around by shoving bees in their cock or whatever

Yeah, I've wanted to see him live so bad but he's yet to book a show in the states.

Guest Pennywise

Hmm, If he used stooges, wouldn't we know about it by now? Considering how many he would of used over the years. He's pretty big in the UK so it would be a story in the paper if he did for sure. The papers here are always out to fuck people over.

Archived